Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the stupidest thing. I've moved bikes around for years... what in the heck made me do what I did today?? I'll never know. I freaking dropped my bike in the driveway. pipe has a small dent and small scratches my Norton fab lab lever has a mark. I just want to scream.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I did the stupidest thing. I've moved bikes around for years... what in the heck made me do what I did today?? I'll never know. I freaking dropped my bike in the driveway. pipe has a small dent and small scratches my Norton fab lab lever has a mark. I just want to scream.

Dislike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean it could have been worse. Now I'm going to metal polish the crap out of it an see if I can pull the tiny dent that no one but I would probably ever see. I wish someone made a nice guard that didn't look like crap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Back in the Summer of 2007, I was detailing my gsxr600 (High as **** on sour diesel) sat on her to to push her into corner of garage and when I went to get off I realized I forgot to put kickstand down and tried to one leg deadlift her back up for about 30 seconds,before I had to settle for lowering her to the ground and then lifting bike back up. Destroyed the driver-side mirror and spent the next week feeling like an idiot:crying:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just sitting here eating ice-cream an trying to figure out how I can manage birthday gifts for my son back to school clothes a fuel controller and a new slip-on. Yep. Don't think it's possible unless I sell my soul.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back in the Summer of 2007, I was detailing my gsxr600 (High as **** on sour diesel) sat on her to to push her into corner of garage and when I went to get off I realized I forgot to put kickstand down and tried to one leg deadlift her back up for about 30 seconds,before I had to settle for lowering her to the ground and then lifting bike back up. Destroyed the driver-side mirror and spent the next week feeling like an idiot:crying:
My boyfriend(at least I think he was the one who told me) went to get gas got off the bike an forgot to put down the kickstand. Both hands off the bike before he realized what he'd done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've just sitting here eating ice-cream an trying to figure out how I can manage birthday gifts for my son back to school clothes a fuel controller and a new slip-on. Yep. Don't think it's possible unless I sell my soul.

Ice cream does make everything better

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
My boyfriend(at least I think he was the one who told me) went to get gas got off the bike an forgot to put down the kickstand. Both hands off the bike before he realized what he'd done.
My brother did this earlier this summer. He rides a 1998 HD Dynaglide. Pinned him right up against the gas pump. A guy had to run over and help him get unstuck.
I still LOL when I picture him stuck between his bike and the pump. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts

Ouch my shiny. My darn shiny. Now what.... now what. Ugh.

Anger gets you nowhere,
turn it into a solution with benefits :)

Easy fix, provided you can competently drill stainless rivets.
Sharp 4mm bit,
Trefolex,
short bursts with air drill without overheating bit, or they spin.
disassemble both ends of muffler.
Shorten outer with dropsaw andfile the sharp edge,
shorten inner perf tube at rear by the same amount.
Repack (Packing available at any bike shop), not too tight (Noisy) not too loose (blows out)
Re rivet using heatproof dow corning silastic to seal.

Aftermarket zorsts have to be repacked every few yrs anyway.

Here ive done a guide-
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-service-maintenance/11666-repacking-aftermarket-exhaust.html

When Carbon ones have damage I reskin them wuth 0.7mm ally.
(don't buy carbon folks if longevity or damage is important)
Yours only appears to have minor damage at front, and the Yosshi is ugly long anyway

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My brother did this earlier this summer. He rides a 1998 HD Dynaglide. Pinned him right up against the gas pump. A guy had to run over and help him get unstuck.
I still LOL when I picture him stuck between his bike and the pump. :)
Not a hundred dollars! That's what the hd stands for everything costs $100 haha
I've moved heaver bikes with more ease sometimes I swear or maybe I'm just tired.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anger gets you nowhere,
turn it into a solution with benefits :)

Easy fix, provided you can competently drill stainless rivets.
Sharp 4mm bit,
Trefolex,
short bursts with air drill without overheating bit, or they spin.
disassemble both ends of muffler.
Shorten outer with dropsaw andfile the sharp edge,
shorten inner perf tube at rear by the same amount.
Repack (Packing available at any bike shop), not too tight (Noisy) not too loose (blows out)
Re rivet using heatproof dow corning silastic to seal.

Aftermarket zorsts have to be repacked every few yrs anyway.

Here ive done a guide-
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-service-maintenance/11666-repacking-aftermarket-exhaust.html

When Carbon ones have damage I reskin them wuth 0.7mm ally.
(don't buy carbon folks if longevity or damage is important)
Yours only appears to have minor damage at front, and the Yosshi is ugly long anyway
I don't want to cut it. But thanks :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You sure are hard to please.>:D

If you like the ugly long look, just rotate the damage to the inside.
If it was a Nofriends (2bros) i'd say bin it, but Yoshi is reasonable quality and worth saving.
I enjoy the simple things in life going stupid fast(someday I'll have the HP between my legs) and shiny. Oh and a man with a motorcycle. That's all... and..

I don't trust myself to drill them my boyfriend says no. So then it's a no ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
If its any consolation, I dropped my beautiful new Samsung S6.

$340 just for a new screen :(, wish it was as easy to fix as yours.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts