Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE TECHNICAL INFO ON YOUR R3:

HELPING YOU TO HELP ALL OF US ON THE FORUM.

The answers to MANY/MOST of your questions about adjustments, specs, re-sets, capacities, etc. are available in your Owner’s Manual.

Many of the same questions get asked repeatedly when the answers are either in the manual or already posted on a thread on the Forum.

If you can’t find the answer in the manual you can try the really useful R3 FAQ MEGA THREAD that Stirz has generously compiled and posted for us (correction from Stirz: Admin actually created this. Thanks to Stirz anyway for his efforts as Super Moderator. Kudos!). Add it to the Bookmarks Bar on your browser for easy access....

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/289-...yamaha-r3-faq-how-mega-thread-read-first.html

Or, alternately, use the Forum Search Box (upper right on the page) to find what you’re looking for. Keeping the search term(s) simple will net the most/best results, like “HID Lights” or “Axle Nut Torque”.

Another option is to find the correct Forum, under “FORUMS” upper left on the page. Using this you can find all the posts about a topic such as “Suspension” under TECH TALK, “Yamaha R3 Parts For Sale” in the MARKETPLACE Forum, etc.

If you’re starting a new thread, it helps to put it in the correct Forum, so others can find it more easily without having to hunt all around the site or start a new thread about an already posted topic.

Everybody on here is happy to help with questions, but may sometimes get frustrated with seeing the same ones asked over and over. Bear with us if we get a touch testy, for some of us are Oldies and/or Crusties who've Seen Too Much In Life already. ;)

This Forum, unlike many others that have devolved into Flame Fests, is a very friendly one. Hopefully it will remain that way.

So, READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL, Search For Existing Threads/Posts, and THEN Fire Away with the queries if you can’t find the answers anywhere else! And, yes, I said Queries. Deal with it!

DISCLAIMER: Please ignore the above if you already know all this. It wasn’t meant to be condescending in any way or to impugn or insult anyone’s intelligence. It was written mostly for those new to motorcycles & motorcycling and new to this Forum, or Forums in general.

Thank you for your attention!!!

And never forget: " "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." "Or the One!" " -- Wise words to live by from Spock & Kirk...

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Good Post!. But I cannot take credit for putting the mega-thread together - the Admins did that.

So here's the deal from my perspective. I understand that about half the forum are 'newbies' - there's nothing wrong with that, and most of us 'geezers' are more than happy to help with legitimate questions. It does get a wee bit frustrating though, when people will spend the time to post questions (and expect others to waste THEIR time finding or providing the answers) when the information sought is already readily available to the OP if they would just make some effort to find it themselves. Some of my favorite examples are:

1) Things covered in the Owner's Manual that came with your bike.
2) Part numbers for items that have the number actually printed on them.
3) Discussions already covered in the "FAQ - READ THIS FIRST" thread.

Hey - there is no such thing as a dumb question, but there certainly are 'lazy' or "couldn't you figure this out yourself?" questions. Please try to keep the latter ones to a minimum if at all possible. Also - quit posting in the "Introduction" and "General Discussion" threads questions that are certainly more appropriate in other sections of the forum. If you go to the relevant forum section first (instead of taking the lazy approach and posting in General), you might actually find the info you are looking for right away. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Good, informative thread, Fang. So how do I change my oil? I can't find any threads on this.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

about to buy a bike and learn to ride,
What's the fastest loudest cheapest exhaust and essential mods?
Still looking for that exhaust, but I'm a little bit more cautious these days after that whole Tiger Exhaust fiasco. :crying:

As for essential mods, don't they always seem to be the ones you just can't afford?

I'm on it! Filtering results from "Sound:Loudest First" & " Price:Cheapest Sh*t First". Check back for updates.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good, informative thread, Fang. So how do I change my oil? I can't find any threads on this.
From "Oil Change For Dummies, 110th Edition":

1.) Remove old oil
2.) Add new oil
3.) That wasn't hard, now, was it?
4.) Shouldn't need to say this, but: "DO NOT use old oil on your salads. New oil only!"

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
First update:

It's a tough slog through the Parts Bin of KDProjectRacing when you get Google translations such as:

Caught a Flick Mounting Kit (Steering Damper)
Aluminum Closed Hearing Mirrors (Mirror Blanking Plates)
Discovery Lid On Pump (Front Brake Reservoir Cover)
Boots With Front Wheel Lift (Front Fork Spools/Sliders)
After Jars Pump (Rear Brake Reservoir Cover)
Spooner Lift the Rear Wheel (Rear Spools)
The Brief Seizure of the Register (My favorite! It's a Rear Fender Eliminator!)
Nut Mane Middle (Steering Center Bolt Cover)

All am actile transaltens unto spider crosses net maybe R3 segments!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That last bit was my "In the spirit of" translation of:

All are actual translations on their website for R3 parts.

But you knew that, right?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Re-Post for New Members

Important Notice For All Members! PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE TECHNICAL INFO ON YOUR R3:

HELPING YOU TO HELP ALL OF US ON THE FORUM.

The answers to MANY/MOST of your questions about adjustments, specs, re-sets, capacities, etc. are available in your Owner’s Manual.

Many of the same questions get asked repeatedly when the answers are either in the manual or already posted on a thread on the Forum.

If you can’t find the answer in the manual you can try the really useful R3 FAQ MEGA THREAD that Stirz has generously compiled and posted for us (correction from Stirz: Admin actually created this. Thanks to Stirz anyway for his efforts as Super Moderator. Kudos!). Add it to the Bookmarks Bar on your browser for easy access....

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/289-...yamaha-r3-faq-how-mega-thread-read-first.html

Or, alternately, use the Forum Search Box (upper right on the page) to find what you’re looking for. Keeping the search term(s) simple will net the most/best results, like “HID Lights” or “Axle Nut Torque”.

Another option is to find the correct Forum, under “FORUMS” upper left on the page. Using this you can find all the posts about a topic such as “Suspension” under TECH TALK, “Yamaha R3 Parts For Sale” in the MARKETPLACE Forum, etc.

If you’re starting a new thread, it helps to put it in the correct Forum, so others can find it more easily without having to hunt all around the site or start a new thread about an already posted topic.

Everybody on here is happy to help with questions, but may sometimes get frustrated with seeing the same ones asked over and over. Bear with us if we get a touch testy, for some of us are Oldies and/or Crusties who've Seen Too Much In Life already.

This Forum, unlike many others that have devolved into Flame Fests, is a very friendly one. Hopefully it will remain that way.

So, please READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL, Search For Existing Threads/Posts, and THEN Fire Away with the queries if you can’t find the answers anywhere else! And, yes, I said Queries. Deal with it!

DISCLAIMER: Please ignore the above if you already know all this. It wasn’t meant to be condescending in any way or to impugn or insult anyone’s intelligence. It was written mostly for those new to motorcycles & motorcycling and new to this Forum, or Forums in general.

Thank you for your attention!!!

And never forget: " "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." "Or the One!" " -- Wise words to live by from Spock & Kirk...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts