Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start doing motovlogs and uploading to Youtube. The only cameras I have that have video capability are DSLRs, and they're too big to mount to a helmet. I can't spend the $$$ on a Go Pro right now. I don't care about quality-doesn't have to be 4k or even 1080p. As long as it's good enough to put on Youtube.Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I know there are a few Chinese knock offs that are putting out very close to GoPro quality videos for like $70 or so. Just not sure how reliable they are. I wouldn't skimp on video quality if you are going to make YouTube videos. No one will want to watch crap quality videos. Some of the best quality videos I've seen are from a guy named "murtiano", not only because of his action cam's resolution, but also the angles he gets. He's also come a long way at improving his riding. Watch his older N300 videos.

If you can save for a few months and invest in a quality video, try a Garmin VIRB.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a Xiaomi YI, it does what I need decently well. Not amazeballs quality but good enough to throw a video together to have the social media going ape about my bike life :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
I also use an Xiaomi Yi.
Do you notice sometimes, the files cutting short, skipping for 2 seconds then starting a 2nd or 3rd file?

I have tried everything...

In any case, the xiaomi yi is pretty awesome on a budget
I also use a SJ4000

These vids are both cameras mixed..

this one is 79 bucks also.. not bad
got some decent reviews
Check out ThiEYE 4K 1080P Sports Action Camera WIFI FHD Waterproof Helmet cam DV i60e 12MP #Thieye http://www.ebay.com/itm/ThiEYE-4K-1...12MP-/252770773777?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=cpdKvH

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use mine in just plain record when I hit and stop the button. You are probably using the feature where it creates a new file every 3min or 5min w/e you specify. I found a faster SD card helped with this problem on mine!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Ok so I have a second unused Garmin VIRB XE. Trying to debate on selling it or using two cameras for the track, one forward facing from the tail and the other rear facing from the wind shield. Do you track guys run more than 2 cameras? I tried listing it for $250, which is a steal for a NIB camera. Not much interest and I don't need the money, but I'm also lazy to set up so many cameras lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok so I have a second unused Garmin VIRB XE. Trying to debate on selling it or using two cameras for the track, one forward facing from the tail and the other rear facing from the wind shield. Do you track guys run more than 2 cameras? I tried listing it for $250, which is a steal for a NIB camera. Not much interest and I don't need the money, but I'm also lazy to set up so many cameras lol.
I started out with a Virb basic (to the OP, you can pick these up used for under $100) and just picked up the Virb Elite as it adds GPS. Hoping to run one facing forward and one under the tail section (saw one vid where the one under the tail faced forward as well, interesting perspective) and using Race Render to blend them and add speed/lap info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use my activeon cx for most of my vlogs but not on my bike. Problem with most non gopro action camera's is they do not support and external mic so your audio quality goes to garbage.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check out the Sena Prism Tube, its about $120. Great entry level camera and comes with mic for your moto vlogging adventures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts