Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok...first I know there's already a year long 600 mile maintenance post..that's 11 pages long. I felt like I had some new info...if I offend the subject mods please place this post back in that folder.;)

Took mine to my dealer (Full Power Motorsports). Kevin, the one legged military veteran service manager called me by name when I walked up. I'd called a couple of days before and he saw I was on an R3 and he remembered. He had said I could drop it off or wait and it'd take about an hour and a half. I asked him what it entailed and it had the usual fluids and filters but also checked a lot of other things (bolts, shock response, fork response, clutch/brake cable tension, chain tension). They also cleaned and lubed it. I also noticed it had just under 2 miles on it...they actually take it around the shops area to check for squeaks, rattles, and other problems.

I asked if they could check the clutch bearing when I dropped it off. He chuckled and said "you've seen the video?". He said EVERYBODY wants that checked now....mine was perfect by the way. Kevin said the only one he'd seen that had more than minor wear was from a noob who admitted she rode her clutch all the time. :x

They asked if I wanted any parts added. I think they said if I bought them when I had my service they were generally a free install (except tires probably).

They were SOLD OUT of all 15 and 16 R3's. Anthony said they were trying to get more. He said they were selling them as they came off the truck and were easily selling 2x quicker than R6's and 3x than R1's. He also said they couldn't keep the TW200's in stock either (other bike I almost bought).:|

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah, the R3's are selling like crazy. The dealer I got mine from said the R3 was their #1 selling bike by far.
( They sell five different brands there. )

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I bought mine in march they had sold 7 or 8 r3s already that year, which is a crazy amount for a mom/pop style dealership in the off season. This place is small, just a single salesperson selling only yamahas. Maybe 25 bikes in stock at any given time. There's a huge dealership a minute away on the same the road with Ducati, triumph, Honda, kawasaki, bmw and a slew of used bikes. It's crazy he is moving so many r3s...

Looking real good for the guys that'll start riding in the next year or two, going to be a ton of great used small bikes hitting the market

1 - 3 of 3 Posts