Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Arrow Header I purchased from TST today. Install was straight forward. Modded my Akrapovic Slip-on I had already. Sound is Amazing. Probably too loud for most, but no longer sounds like a scooter for sure. Been raining since I got done so no rides yet.

Attachments

Reactions: matrix22 and zdaman

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Another

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last one

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just for those that want to know, the Akropovic slip on inlet is the same size as the Arrow header outlet. OD and ID is the same, so I ran to exhaust shop near me and slightly bumped up the header outlet and slid the slip on right in. Easy Peasy. But the OEM muffler is much smaller. The Akropovic graphite sleeve gasket in about twice as thick as the OEM muffler gasket. Hence the OD and ID of Akropovic and Arrow header being the same.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Would love to do something like this with the Akro carbon slip on.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried to post video but I got a error saying submission denied and to contact forum admin. So I did???

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try again, it says a Security Token Missing?? Won't let me post video.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did you install a block off plate and PCV along with it? Or just the header?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Did you install a block off plate and PCV along with it? Or just the header?
I did block off back when I orginally put on Akropovic slip on. No fuel management yet. I'd like to find if anybody does ECM Flash for the R3. I had my R1 and FZ09 both flashed and would really rather go that direction if possible. But for now after riding probably 70-80 miles today no popping at all. I'm happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts