Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is definitely one of my most proud modifications to my R3. These were definitely a pain to install, but definitely worth it in end. Let me know what you think. Will be doing lots of videos on these once i get around to editing, which shouldn't be too long.
I got these headlights from Anunaki-Racing. Very pleased with the quality. Wiring confused me alot, but after some testing of what each wire did, wasn't too hard after. Just takes a long time.
I created built in switches on the right side inner fairing. bottom middle controls the demon projector. Top right controls the Halo. Top Left controls the HIDs (So i can just run the DRL, Demon Eyes, Halos, or etc. Endless possibilities).

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try my best. I was running the camera while installing, but i did not turn out perfect. So will be doing an explanation video soon to help explain some of the wires. I had to buy extra wire, fuse boxes, fuses, connectors, and new switches to make the headlights work better and have more control over them. And I thought installing my power commander on it was hard. This installation made that look like changing the oil haha

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks great! There are several options for those looking to do similar project. I'm surprised you still had to do any wiring work at all given the price point of the anunaki set!

Ive heard someone did it for ~$100 in parts. Sourcing individual components and wiring it all themselves.

I personally did it for $200 in parts. KTMoto complete DIY kit, prewired and pre-configured. I've done this install on 4 bikes in southern california now. It takes me 6 hours of work.

Anunaki's kit is $482.86 in parts. And sounds like it is not prewired and not configured(?)

·
Registered
476 Posts
All our kits are pre-wired & pre-configured, the OP changed to a different switch with LED light background, which did not come from us.
We supply an the aviator switch which is easier for installation. If you are installing the headlights for the first time it is rather difficult.
Once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great! There are several options for those looking to do similar project. I'm surprised you still had to do any wiring work at all given the price point of the anunaki set!

Ive heard someone did it for ~$100 in parts. Sourcing individual components and wiring it all themselves.

I personally did it for $200 in parts. KTMoto complete DIY kit, prewired and pre-configured. I've done this install on 4 bikes in southern california now. It takes me 6 hours of work.

Anunaki's kit is $482.86 in parts. And sounds like it is not prewired and not configured(?)
Like Anunaki said, I did change the kit slightly to my liking. But what they give you is all you need. I just wanted to use some different switches so I could mount it on the right fairing nice and snugly :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts