Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a brand new 2020 R6 throttle tube on my 2020 R3 ABS and I used Mobil 1 synthetic Grease says for wheel bearings, chassis, suspension, universal joints. But its sticking alittle when I let off it doesnt flick right to off like before. Did I use the wrong grease or not enough? Is there something i can use to fix? Any help would be super appreciated

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
I installed a brand new 2020 R6 throttle tube on my 2020 R3 ABS and I used Mobil 1 synthetic Grease says for wheel bearings, chassis, suspension, universal joints. But its sticking alittle when I let off it doesnt flick right to off like before. Did I use the wrong grease or not enough? Is there something i can use to fix? Any help would be super appreciated
Most times that happens, the rubber grip is rubbing against the clip-on end caps. They screw in and are stationary, while the throttle and grip turn. Maybe check that and trim off rubber if needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check but I believe there was no rubbing, it was alittle slow when the housing was open and cables attached

·
Registered
77 Posts
Didn't know R3's are powered by a driveshaft...May I kindly ask where on this bike you found a universal joint :oops:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to bring up this old thread but WOW what a difference. This should have been the first mod i did to the bike and save my wrist for the first 2k KM. I ordered right from Amazon

part# 2C0262400000

and the grip even matches my 2019 grip so i did not have to replace the grips. It took me 20min to do in the garage and made the most difference from any other mod i did by far. well, the ss brake lines did pretty good also but the difficulty and time to do was a lot more for the results. this is a must if you have not done already. once installed i had to adjust the return cable a little as it was sticky on the return; but now working perfectly and went for a little test. it make a world of difference. feels like a normal throttle!

also got my new NGK Iridium plugs today but going to wait till start next season to put them in. I have my stock ones in now (only 2K KM on them) and will winterize the bike with them in there and change on season opening along with an oil change.
part# CR8EIX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts