Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, the angle is meant to allow clearance for rearsets or rearset risers, and it matches the angles on the front fairing. I'll get some better pics of it with the bike put back together this weekend.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't quite understand what it's for, but looks cool!
The Akrapovic full exhaust and Yoshimura full exhaust do not include a hanger bracket. So you are forced to keep the stock passenger peg bracket to hold the exhaust. This lightweight bracket allows you to replace the heavy, ugly, passenger peg bracket :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
bye bye passenger pegs... :)
LOL, like that bike ever saw a passenger!!!!!!

I wish you'd do your "how I built my race bike" on your blog so I could decide if I wanted to convert my R3 into a track bike. Then I could I order a truck load of parts from you!!!

Keep up the great work!

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, like that bike ever saw a passenger!!!!!!

I wish you'd do your "how I built my race bike" on your blog so I could decide if I wanted to convert my R3 into a track bike. Then I could I order a truck load of parts from you!!!

Keep up the great work!
I know I know, I'm dying to get that post written. I'm almost done with the dyno results post, then the post about building the complete bike is next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know I know, I'm dying to get that post written. I'm almost done with the dyno results post, then the post about building the complete bike is next.

You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that! I'm totally torn between making the R3 the track bike over the winter and getting something bigger for my daily driver, or getting something bigger for the track and keeping my R3 as the daily.

Have you experimented with some of the "hotter" cams in the R3? If so is it worth the money?

If someone would loan me a bunch of money, I could have my track bike, a naked daily driver and some kind of dual-ish sport like an S1000XR for bad weather in the garage. Then life would be grand!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi. Do you have a video of your exhaust clip? Love to hear how your exhuast sounds in idle, high and low revs. And, is it loud? haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts