Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arrived today, took 2 weeks from order date.

It's just a 10-15 minute job. It doesn't come with instructions.

You'll need:

4mm allen/hex key to remove the 4 windscreen bolts
5mm allen/hex key to remove the mirrors

Remove windscreen bolts and mirrors, carefully lift the front nose piece and pop out the stock screen (be careful not break off the little blue posts on the back of the nose piece. You might have to pull the sides of the screen away from the mirror mounts.

NOTE: The two lower rubber sleeves will stay on the bike because there's very little clearance at the bottom of the screen, the screen will just pop off from those. You'll have to pull those two out after the screen is off)

Transfer ONLY the 2 top rubber sleeves over to the new screen. Don't install the 2 lower ones yet.

Lift the nose piece, slide in the screen and then insert the 2 lower rubber sleeves while carefully pulling the lower part of the nose piece out.

Re-install fairing bolts and mirrors.

The screen comes with some smoke colored translucent vinyl edging. If you want to add that you'll have to cut three pieces; 2 for the side and 1 for the top, because the angle of the top corners of the screen is too acute.

Comparisons between Stock Screen and Powerbronze Screen:

They're exactly the same height
Powerbronze has the larger Double Bubble style curve to it
Powerbronze is much darker than stock, but I wouldn't call it a Dark Tint, more of a Medium Tint. It's not as dark as I expected it to be and not as dark as I'd really like.
Because the bubble is larger, there is a possibility that the Powerbronze may provide better wind protection. Have to see....

PB1.jpg

PB2.jpg

PB3.jpg

PB4.jpg

PB5.jpg
Optional edging (looks better without IMHO)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How well does it deflect wind vs the factory windscreen?
Don't know yet. Just put it on this morning and won't get a chance to ride it for a couple days.

I'm thinking the bigger bubble should push more air around and over...the bubble sticks out further forward and the larger curve should act as a bigger deflector.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a short ride I can say that it seems to push the air stream up a little higher, hitting the upper part of my helmet above the face shield.

It's easier to tuck in behind it than with the stock screen, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts