Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super easy great quality and only $255. So much lighter than the stock boat anchor. If you want a lot of noise do not buy this as it is EPA compliant. Sounds better than stock but not so loud as to be annoying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It will never be as loud as a full system exhaust due to the huge stock catalytic converter still being upstream of the muffler. All a slipon does is shed some weight and give a better note really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been looking at this very slip on, still haven't bit the bullet on it yet tho. Way cheaper than the full system they offer. I heard you loose a little of your mid range when u switch to the full Akro, not sure tho.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's not that loud even without the db-killer?
If you want to gauge how loud it will be, take off your stock muffler and ride around for a bit. Takes 5 minutes tops and it will give you a pretty good idea of how loud it can get, which in my opinion is not loud at all. As mentioned before, definitely gives it a nice note!

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you want to gauge how loud it will be, take off your stock muffler and ride around for a bit. Takes 5 minutes tops and it will give you a pretty good idea of how loud it can get, which in my opinion is not loud at all. As mentioned before, definitely gives it a nice note!
Okay, thanks I'll try!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts