Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to do my recall work done. Bike maybe shifts a bit more smoothly, but otherwise doesn't feel any different.

In case any of you are inclined to get the parts and do the work yourself, I managed to snap pics of the instructions from Yamaha to the dealership.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This is nice, but you can't do the work yourself. This is a "factory recall". A dealer has to perform the work.
Yamaha will not give you the parts, and let you do it yourself. I would have gladly done mine, but that's not how it works.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I had read posts by other forum members who were going to try to get the parts and do the work themselves.

Oh well, file this away for posterity in case anyone has to do this for non-recall maintenance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Instructs were poster earlier.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a quick search of the gazillion recall threads before posting, and hadn't seen any instructions.

Moderators - if so inclined, please feel free to delete this thread.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the entire TSB in PDF form was first posted over 2 weeks ago in the existing recall thread instead of another new one: http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/826-...maha-usa-says-recall-coming-8.html#post440985. Also, while you might not be able to do the recall service yourself as of right now due to the lack of replacement parts, it's likely that Yamaha will eventually churn out enough spare parts that dealership part fiches, Partzilla, et al. can start selling them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yamaha will eventually churn out enough spare parts that dealership part fiches, Partzilla, et al. can start selling them.
And WHY would anyone want to BUY these parts, when they are FREE through the RECALL?

:|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts