Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at TST Industries we attend a ton of track days every year. With a mix of normal track days, our scheduled CCS Races, and sponsoring the Yamalube Westby Team in the Motoamerica series, we get a really good understanding of how a successful and safe track experience can happen.

Our friends over at the Florida State University Police Department have created a program to help get riders off the street and onto the track. Whether it's the at-risk rider who is "too experienced to be on a track" or if it's a new rider who needs seat time, the FSUPD Motorsports Team is there to help point you in the right direction and more importantly, make you a safer rider!

They have created a program to help out on the track day cost for first time track riders, get them the proper training they need, and make sure they have a fun, educational, and safe riding experience.

Here in Florida we have seen a huge increase in not only motorcycle accidents but also motorcycle accidents involving sportbike riders that can end fatally. Learning how to control your machine under stressful or abnormal riding conditions can be the difference of slamming into that car backing out of the drive-way or maneuvering your machine safely around the vehicle. We have met, first-hand, dozens of riders who want or need the help but are too embarrassed to ask. Everyone who owns a sportbike should experience a track day at least once in their lives. I can personally testify to how much I learned on my first track day and how much safer I felt riding on the street after just a few hours on the track. I too, used to be the daily rider who thought he knew it all because I rode every single day. Little did I know, how much I truly had to learn and still have to learn!

Head-on over to our newest blog article and read more about this program and how you can help or get the help needed to become a safer rider.

How A Florida Police Department Is Aiming To Get Motorcyclists On The Right Track!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an awesome program! Not only making quality products (not a paid advertisement), also reaching out to the motorcycle community to learn and enjoy riding.
Yes, this is an AWESOME program and we are honored to be able to share the track with these guys. SGT. Harris actually just called me the other day and let me know because of our blog post, the Florida Department of Transportation has generously donated a full track-ready bike for them to use! Great to hear this is getting out there and helping new riders.

If anyone has any spare gear they are wanting to get rid of, please contact the guys at FSUPD Motorsports Team and see how you can help. Pave the way for new riders to get off the street and truly become safer and smarter riders!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish we have something like this near where I live!
Yea to bad I didn't live closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys can always contact the guys at FSUPD and see if they have knowledge of any other programs around that can help. The bigger the FSUPD program becomes, the more tracks they can travel to and more riders they can help. Be sure to share this with your riding friends and help the cause!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts