Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I'm not sure if my issue is the same as the post in February, but just wondering if anyone's had any issues (especially when it's cold, first start) pressing the ignition start and nothing happens, I find I have to press the button up to 10 times to make it start... I'm due to get the recall done for the wire and the thing under the fuel tank... The Yamaha service guy didn't seem to know if it will fix it or not...

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
When you are starting it, do you hold the button down or just hit it and release it? Simple question I know but I always like to start with the most obvious questions.

Also, what octane fuel are you running? Lower octanes would start easier in theory (regular) vs. a higher octane (premium).

After you get the recalls done it definitely could help (again in theory) but I guess you won't know until its done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bluebird
Its not so much a fuel thing because when I go to start it especially in the morning it's like the kill switch is on...its doesn't turn over..i flicker the button out of habbit rather than hold it on...
And we aussies are blessed with high octane fuel (because of kangaroo's)

Hi Aeson
I'm getting my recall finally done next week so i'll post if it fixes it

Thanks
Angela

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya guys......
Just an update......
My ignition seems a little better now only 1 time I needed to tap the ignition a few times to start....so it's much less intermittent now

:) :) :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hiya guys......
Just an update......
My ignition seems a little better now only 1 time I needed to tap the ignition a few times to start....so it's much less intermittent now

:) :) :)
sometimes when i run the bike on the freeway from work and get off and get gas, when i try to turn the bike back on after im done filling up, it sometimes wants an extra one or two pushes on the ignition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts