Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this in the owner's manual.

"This Model is Equipped with a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery"

"To Charge a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery, a special (constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional battery charger will damage the battery."

What do you think, is a battery tender okay?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Came across this in the owner's manual.

"This Model is Equipped with a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery"

"To Charge a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery, a special (constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional battery charger will damage the battery."

What do you think, is a battery tender okay?
Any standard Battery Tender charger will work. The only motorcycle batteries that need special charger are Lithium Iron Phosphate (these a re type of Lithium Ion battery that have longer lifespan and better safety than standard Lithium Ion batteries. Less likely to catch fire.)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Deltron Battery Tender Jr.

I have kept all of my bikes on the Deltron Battery Tender Jr. 24-7-365 when parked in the garage. I have never had a problem with any battery, ever. I speak with 7 years experience across 5 motorcycles, my R3 being the latest. Amazon link below.

http://amzn.com/B000CITK8S

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, totally safe. A Battery Tender is good with pretty much any lead-acid or AGM battery. As FangShui mentioned, you'll want a special charger for keeping lithium batteries happy in the long run, but it's OK to revive them with a Tender if you're in a pinch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts