Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies! I see that there has not been much activity on the female side of this forum. :( We should get the ball rolling again! I have been riding for about a year now, and I really want to upgrade some of my gear. :D I was looking into getting some Gogo Gear leggings, but there has to be something cheaper out there that still looks good right?! Do you use protective jeans? What do you wear and how do you like them?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hey ladies! I see that there has not been much activity on the female side of this forum. :( We should get the ball rolling again! I have been riding for about a year now, and I really want to upgrade some of my gear. :D I was looking into getting some Gogo Gear leggings, but there has to be something cheaper out there that still looks good right?! Do you use protective jeans? What do you wear and how do you like them?
Just throw on leathers. Everyone knows leathers make girls look hot.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not a woman, but my wife rides in textile over pants and a jacket. Not form fitting and cute, but it is comfortable and it works.

Your best bets for passing as regular clothes are going to be Kevlar lined jeans/leggings like the ones you posted. 150 dollars is very reasonably priced, most good riding pants are at or above that price. European brands will tend to be slimmer fit than American, but with the variation in woman's sizes, who knows. You'll have to try a few on if you aren't a "typical" build.

Features wise, some will have extra armor or padding, but this comes at the cost of aesthetics. They are often big bumpy sections on the hip and knee. The ones that look the best will have simple Kevlar lining on the inside of the butt, hip, outer leg and knee. They don't absorb impact, but do keep the pants from shredding and help you avoid road rash.

Hopefully this helps, I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but it should steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used to wear Dainese jeans, and they were quite comfortable and looked great. The biggest downside as far as comfort is there's no stretch to them so you have to make sure they fit just right. The other downside is price, $200+. I was actually looking at the GoGo Gear leggings recently. They have a good reputation, and they look like hold up well in a crash; I would add hip armor, though. For the price, I think they're worth it. If I still rode on the street I'd buy a pair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my GoGo leggings. Very comfortable, slim fit in legs so never get caught on pegs, stretchy for ease of getting on and off the bike. I think they look great on and off the bike too. Gives me confidence to know i am well covered and that my pant legs will not "trip" me up.

No regrets, well worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts