Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So this morning I went to cover up my bike because I just bought a bike cover for my bike. Basically it has been raining for the pass 2 nights here at my place. I live in South East Asia so the weather is basically, rain or hot sun during the day. I came to my bike and found that the seats were faded or stained! Im not sure how it happened, I assumed that the sun was too hot that it dried the water on it. I parked my bike in a half shaded area (only during like 2pm on wards, the sun will be hitting my front headlight part) as I have 2 other bikes parked next to it in the shaded area.

Have any of you guys experienced this before? or know of a way to fix this? I am looking to change to a single seat cowl but the main seat is :crying: Thanks all!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd try a product similar to Mother's Back to Black. It's designed to clean plastics on cars and rejuvenate them. It works on vinyl, but it may leave a slick residue behind. If you can find it, try it on a small part of the seat first to make sure it doesn't become too slick or leave residue that may end up on your pants.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Try some Aerospace 303 protectant on it.

Reactions: HFX-R3

·
Registered
67 Posts
My r3 is a daily commuter.. I'm in southern california and it lives outside most of the time. The seat material from the factory, in my humble opinion, is garbage. Mine suffered from similar problems that you speak of. Recently I recovered the main driver seat in leather... see picture attached. Now that I've road tested the new seat for a while I'm going to redo the passenger seat as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright. thanks guy for your reply. I will try my best to clean it. or just change the back to a single seat cowl.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so after work I went to check my bike (around 6pm) I remove my bike cover, and I found that those spots were gone! Maybe it was just some water stained marks that can go off when its dry? I don't know. But I'm happy again! thanks all for your response!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts