Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015, Fender Eliminate, LED Flashers
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is out of topic on our R3 and a lot of you here is familiar with the images that I will post. I was quiet surprise as there is a lot of padding in it.
Hat Sleeve Glove Eyewear Sunglasses

It is a used one but only a year old and not been washed by the owner since owning it. Now it is my turn to use it and I still have the perfume that had the previous owner use. Now time for hand washing. I wonder for those who have the Leather Jacket as with the Dust and Dirt that fly off the air how do you maintain it as leather cannot be washed.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Alpine offers well made gear. I acquired a preowned Scorpion EXO from another R3 Forum member a few years ago. I think it's more practical to re-sale your still-like-new-condition gear than to shuffle it to the back of the closet... Only to resurface several years, and several sizes too small, the next time you think about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i believe richa sells a spray on leather cleaner as well as soap and conditioner on a tub. there is also a revit one that is a conditioner and cleaner on two separate spray bottle. additionally revit also have a leather waterproofing spray that is quite useful in keeping your leather in tip top condition. as water can damage leather over the long-term

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does everyone wears back protector Or padding is Fine for short rides.
The padding is not a protector. It won't save the spine or the ribs from breaking on impact. CE certified back and chest protectors are not expensive to buy. The jacket has already pockets for them, so...

To answer the question directly, almost everyone I know wears back protector. I've never heard anyone wearing chest armor except for myself. But who cares what everyone wears. I care about my personal well being so I wear chest protection. I also wear proper CE certified motorcycle boots without exception or excuses on every single ride. Many riders don't do it though.

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha R3. Purchased 8-20-2021.
33 Posts
The padding is not a protector. It won't save the spine or the ribs from breaking on impact. CE certified back and chest protectors are not expensive to buy. The jacket has already pockets for them, so...

To answer the question directly, almost everyone I know wears back protector. I've never heard anyone wearing chest armor except for myself. But who cares what everyone wears. I care about my personal well being so I wear chest protection. I also wear proper CE certified motorcycle boots without exception or excuses on every single ride. Many riders don't do it though.
Ce rating isn’t recognized in the USA and doesn’t mean anything at all other than uniformity in European standards. All products have it made there

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ce rating isn’t recognized in the USA and doesn’t mean anything at all other than uniformity in European standards. All products have it made there
CE rating means a lot! It doesn't matter whether it's recognized or not, it's a standard for testing. It defines how much of an impact force an armour transfers through itself to the body. An armour with CE Level 1 certification while thinner is not as good as the one certified as CE Level 2 protection. So don't mislead motorcyclists saying the CE rating means nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts