Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride year round with Montgomeryville Cycle Center and I thought I'd show off my newly stripped R3. Was my road bike for 3 years but now it's track only. Shaved close to 20lbs in wiring and unnecessary parts so far and will being throwing parts at it the start of next season. Can't wait to share more when the race fairings are on!
20200820_150551.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fairings look nice! Although imo an orange tail to match the piece behind the seat would've tied it together :)

My dad is a NJMP member, I was meaning to go in Mid Sept but they were fully booked. Still havent gotten to the track yet.

What tires are you running? Have 4k on my stock ones and just ran over a screw in the rear...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike was totaled on my last lap of the day haha. Low sided into turn one at 96 and the bike tumbled through the grass until it stopped. I WAS running Bridgestone Hypersport S21 Battleaxs but that was prior to me making it a strictly track bike. It wasn't the rubbers fault I crashed just my eagerness to cut my lap times down, I got greedy. I'm currently ordering parts now so she'll race again it'll just take me the winter season so she'll come back with a new paintjob too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I ended up being unhappy with the paint job myself so I just let anyone who wanted to sign it, I think I ended the weekend with over 100 signatures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts