Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you GoPro users out there, what are the best video settings for taping motorcycle rides. I will be using the GoPro Chest Harness Mount.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The most recent GoPro software has a bug that makes the video choppy. I found that out by running my GoPro video files with Mac's Quick Time and the videos looked just fine.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a chest mount but have never used it and can't imagine it would get good footage on a sports bike

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would recommend 1080p 60fps RAW (If you're not into color corrections and the such, don't use RAW format) provides best FPS to quality ratio for YouTube and other streaming websites
60fps is good for slow motion videos as well (however i believe the 4 Silver can do 720P @120FPS which is SUPER awesome for slow motion)

If you're feeling artsy and wanna capture your bike in nice scenery, change your FPS to 24fps and sweep slowly to avoid choppiness.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I run a Sena 10c on my helmet and have my GoPro mounted on the gas tank, just in front of the fuel door
How have you found the 10C? I have the 10C, only got it recently, however I've had ALOT of trouble updating it, to the point that I had to send it back. It's functions are pretty good and the video quality is fair, would you recommend getting a GoPro aswell? I'm more concerned about what's behind me rather than infront, so I was thinking about getting one facing the rear? Or a slimline camera for my number plate?

PM me if you like, I'd like to hear your thoughts..

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Not to much since I don't typically save much, unless something fun or interesting happens.
I do have a clip in this thread but definitely don't go by the quality. The quality is very good but Photobucket compressed the sh1t out of it and made it look like garbage.

I'm very happy with the quality of the video and I've taken calls from the bike and people didn't even know I was riding.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've done the helmet, but as I'm using the Sony action cam, it was on top... like a big dumb white mohawk... Video stability was good, as the neck acts as the best gimble you could get, but wind is an issue. Also, from this perspective, there was no front end of the bike in the shot - just road ahead.

I've had it on the tank looking over the dash through the windscreen, but it's a limited perspective of the road, and ultimately doesn't have a lot of re-watch value. Great if you're looking to film your tach or speedo though.

I've also done the chest harness, which really was pretty good, until I tucked in for a highway sprint and had epic footage of my gas filler cap. Also, really, just some fantastic footage of your grips when you're hanging off...

This little sucker below though has been my favorite. Bought it for $9, and I affix it to my tank just in front of the gas filler. It looks out over the windscreen, sees all the road while also seeing your bike in the frame for context, and also gives a better read of lean angle. Vibration isn't an issue on the Sony cam because it has on board image stabilization - sounds like the 'just released' GoPro though has that now too, so maybe not an issue.

Watching enough Vlogs though, I kinda wish I had the GoPro, because it mounts on the helmet chin bar, and I've liked that perspective the best.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts