Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
Finally came back to Yamahas!!! Been riding for about 16 years and had numerous bikes (About 10 total) including a stunted out GSXR750 and a tracked out R1. Decided to go the small bike route for the track instead and picked up a ninja300. I was never into the looks but have always heard the 250's, etc were really fun on the tracks (so in my mind, a 300 should be even funner). I realized I never had time to bring the ninja300 to the track but have been seeing ads for the R3 for the last few months. Looked nice. Today I traded in the Ninja300 and went back to yamaha for the new R3. So far so good. Can't wait to mod.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome , Bmfaze2. Always nice to have another track rider, as well as an experienced rider onboard. (We love our new riders too). You're gonna love this bike and the camaraderie on this forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm really liking these smaller bikes a lot now because of how easy they are going into turns without much effort. It keeps me out of trouble. I haven't really pushed the R3 yet, but I can see my RPM gauge going higher and higher the more I ride it. Right before I went to the Yamaha dealer, I actually went to the KTM dealer to check out the RC390. It looked nice, but something told me to check out the R3 first before making a decision... Plus the only RC390 on the showroom was already sold. Lol. I'm very happy so far with my purchase though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts