Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO just got Rosso II's fitted today.

havent really ridden yet. but what I can say. the shape of the Tyres are much different over stock ones. they are much more profile in them. as when you turn you feel you get way more lean out of the bike as the straight line part is not as the same.
the Pilot streets have a wide cruise bit. which means you dont lean around and it feels really squishy. but with Rosso's you feel like you are riding on tyres shaped like a triangle rather than a half circle. the tip in is deeper.
such a weird feeling as this is my first bike ever lol but much better tyre

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many miles from the stock tires?

First time I changed to S20's on my 650 and on Zx6r, I felt like "wow these things tip in much easier" which was cool at first on the 650, because that bike gets really lazy leaning over after a certain point. Then it gets annoying because you reach the point where you actually want the bike as upright as possible while you are hanging off the bike, trying to go faster around a corner and it's trying to lean over more than you want lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts

havent really ridden yet. but what I can say. the shape of the Tyres are much different over stock ones. they are much more profile in them. as when you turn you feel you get way more lean out of the bike as the straight line part is not as the same.
the Pilot streets have a wide cruise bit. which means you dont lean around and it feels really squishy. but with Rosso's you feel like you are riding on tyres shaped like a triangle rather than a half circle. the tip in is deeper.
I wanted to get these tires but they're out of stock for another month, and just couldn't stand any more "unintended corner drifting" on the stock Michelins (it's fun, but sometimes you just wan't grip). So i got the DR-III's in 110/70 & 150/60. Same surprise as you, once leaned over they want you to either roll on the throttle, or pull the outside bar to keep the line.

They're absolutely insane!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Got the same "deep-tip-in" feeling on DR3's in 110/70 & 150/60. Did you get them in stock size ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts