Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I have managed to negotiate a decent price for an R3 Movistar replica with the Akrapovic slip on.
Have paid my deposit and am paying the balance on Tuesday. I will be changing the sponsor stickers slightly so they are a better match to this years M1 Moto GP bikes.
Looking forward to doing some mods to it (i.e tail tidy and maybe HID upgrade).

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome. Where ya live?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I am from New Zealand and saw the R3 Movistar at a bike show a couple of weekends ago. Was planning on buying red/white but there was only a $300 difference between the two. Only 12 have arrived in the country so worth the extra coin !

·
Registered
232 Posts
I might have actually seen your bike in the flesh last week. I was in there getting my 10000 Km service done and I saw a Movistar bike in the workshop. They do look nice.

Cycletreads are pretty good to deal with and very helpful. I use my bike as a daily commuter and they always make sure that there is a courtesy bike available for me to use when my bikes are being serviced.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got a break in the weather to get the bike home. Fitted an Oxford Oximiser to the battery. Adjustable brake and clutch levers being delivered tomorrow. Next job to add the rest of the sponsor stickers that are on Rossi / Lorenzo bikes. Need to run the engine in and then maybe do the R6 throttle conversion.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts