Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live over in Kingsport, TN. I just picked up a damaged 2016 R3 that should be here next weekend. I've been riding since 2004 and had somewhere in the neighborhood of 50+ bikes. I used to pick up bikes at salvage auctions, fix them up and flip them...that and never making up my mind on what I want.:D

Currently I have a 2005 Kawasaki Z1000 and a 2013 Ducati 848 EVO Corse project at the house as well. Picked up this R3 to turn into a dedicated track/mountain toy. I'm thinking stepping back into a small displacement bike will help with my technical riding. Looking forward to building it out and doing some track days.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new bike! Never hurts to see more R3's around. That Ducati makes me so jealous!
Thanks! I've had quite a few Ducatis, the 748-998 series is what got me into motorcycles. I just sold off my EU import 2003 748S...maybe I shouldn't have :crying:

haha, but I'm looking forward to the fun the little bike will provide. Already have an order shipped from Graves and I haven't even received the bike yet >:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulation on the R3. It will definitely help you in the technical aspects of your riding. After being off the bike for a very long time, i secured an R3 myself, despite wanting to go with a 600cc. Now 700 miles later, i have no regrets. The R3 is a blast, easy to maneuver and not overpowering, allowing me to work on my riding skill, throttle control etc. Enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulation on the R3. It will definitely help you in the technical aspects of your riding. After being off the bike for a very long time, i secured an R3 myself, despite wanting to go with a 600cc. Now 700 miles later, i have no regrets. The R3 is a blast, easy to maneuver and not overpowering, allowing me to work on my riding skill, throttle control etc. Enjoy the new bike!
Thank you! Have you done anything in the rearsets/seat height departments yet? Seem to be the biggest complaints other than the OEM tires in what I'm seeing...followed by the suspension/brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts