Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Very nice! We need some ride reports. I also ordered the black (Pennsylvania). No word on delivery date as of 4-10-15.

What's your first impressions of the bike so far?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well only put 10 miles on so far, soo Haha. Definitely great build quality, bike revs smooth and quickly. I enjoy the lightness of the chassis coming down from a r6 and nimbleness in the turns. Can't wait to get past the break in and really see what she can do.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
That's cool to hear your happy with the bike after coming off an R6. Says a lot about the R3.
I was out riding my big, slow and heavy 650r Ninja one day and saw a guy out riding a black Ninja 300. Stopped to chat with him and we rode a little ways, seemed like such a fun bike to ride. Sparked my interest for the R3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great! Nice to see the black in the sun finally. I am not a fan of too much black but it looks better than in the showroom. Just goes to show pictures only show a person so much..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's definitely one reason why I decided to pick this up, being able to wind it out without getting in trouble. And all this slipper clutch and abs is trolling imo. Yes it's nice, and I do miss the dual caliper brakes on the 6, but overall for 5grand compared to a 10 grand 6, **** it's a deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right about that, Definitely looks way better in the sun, and with a few tasteful appearance mods, you could really have a sharp looking bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats.

Awesome man.
I'm so glad to hear a R3 is finally in California. I'm in San Diego and waiting..Was told it would be in last Saturday... nothing. then was told Wednesday.. nothing.. Still no bike. I hate feeling like I'm getting the run around(stupid shipping process). And now at least your bike gives me hope that I don't have to wait another 6 months...

Oh and also. I ordered a black also.. so I cant wait!!
Congrats man. Looks awesome.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats! It looks beautiful. My local dealer just got shipping confirmation for next week, so I will be checking them out then. Even break in ride reports would be welcomed by me and others.

I'm about 55-60 miles away from John Burr Cycles and was wondering how good they were on pricing. Did you check out other dealers (Temecula Motorsports, Beaumont Powersports, Chaparral etc..) to price shop or were they pretty much all going msrp plus tax and freight etc..?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John burr has been the only dealer I've used for many years, they got a blue one in yesterday evening. I paid 6100 otd.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm so happy that others are getting their R3's. Thought for a minute there I was going to be the only one. Looking good. Wondered how the black would look out in the real world and now we know. I love the black!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha thanks guys., I was at the dealer today and there was a cute lesbian couple there checking out the blue r3, I'm talking white/Asian mid twenties. then when I pulled up with the black one, they fell in love with the color. Haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
threesome? need a ride report.

Ride report..? are you talking about the Bike ride..? or the threesome ride..?
Wait..
Either way we would like the report.. hahaha:D

On a side note.. my dealer called me and said mine will definitely be in on Monday. They have all the info for the bike. aka VIN numbers and everything asked if I wanted to come in and do the paperwork before it comes in. So tomorrow I'm heading down to go talk.. But I ain't signing nothing until I have the bike in front of me.. I'm excited.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome man, which dealer are you going thru.? I just rode mine 60 miles to work tonight, which was great and smooth, beside my helmet wind noise issue =/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts