Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see how people are mounting lap timers. I have an AIM Solo DL and Im trying to figure out an out of the way place to mount it. I had it mounted where the ignition cylinder used to be, but the mount I had broke.

Lets see what you got! Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
same as captialview

big thing of velcro slapped over the speedo it kind of covers my tach which sucks looking at the gpx fork tube mount bracket in the future

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zip ties and velcro. I attached it to my dash and covered the speedo.
I might have to go with that option. I had one that mounted where the ignition cylinder used to be, but I broke it so I was looking into new options

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made this myself, just some bent al sheet metal, bolted the bracket the AiM comes with to it. Mounts to some holes I drilled and tapped into the fairing stay. Did you find a way to hook into the ECU with your DL? I didn't see a CAN bus in the R3 wiring diagram and AiM support said there was no hookup.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made this myself, just some bent al sheet metal, bolted the bracket the AiM comes with to it. Mounts to some holes I drilled and tapped into the fairing stay. Did you find a way to hook into the ECU with your DL? I didn't see a CAN bus in the R3 wiring diagram and AiM support said there was no hookup.
That looks pretty good, especially given the lack of space we have on these bikes.

I was mistaken, I dont have the DL, I have the same one as in your picture.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looking to see how people are mounting lap timers. I have an AIM Solo DL and Im trying to figure out an out of the way place to mount it. I had it mounted where the ignition cylinder used to be, but the mount I had broke.

Lets see what you got! Thanks!
I was going to say check out how the Graves guys do it on the Junior Cup R3s they build, but there are some guys around that get their feelings hurt when I say check out how Graves does it. So check out how the Graves guys mount the lap timers. Gravesracingservices.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts