Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that WEBBIKE has larger tank covers...
Both in with and losing the deep angle at the rear of the tank...
I also saw one company offers an R6 tank cover for the R3 but I could NOT read it...
ANYONE know ANYTHING about these???
Thanks...

·
Registered
169 Posts
THANK YOU !!!!
I LOVE you in a manly sort of bike riding brotherly sort of way !!!
Hello,

I just came across this product today. Seems very interesting!! My wish was to have a metal tank but it came with plastic.(yes larger in size better)
Have you purchased it?
Is it made of metal?(Unlike default plastic).
I wish someone would have purchased it so we can see some real photos of it.
btw I found this here also.
http://www.kdprojectracing.com/product/2059/storm-cover-tank-for-yamaha-r3r25-2

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area I'm talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area. Im talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.
Magcal Racing and KITACO (I have that one) real carbon tank protectors:

http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=6651&p.c=1127&p.sk=1

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yep that looks really good. Protects that whole area. Thanks FangShui that will look nice on the black tank.

Your tail Fender. Is it kind of close in color, match ? to the tank carbon protector.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area I'm talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.
Unfortunately I have the same problem with minor scuff marks from riding tuck positions. Need to invest in one of these

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can I post ??

I'd like to thank everyone for the comments...
I tried replying a few times a while back, but it would not allow me for some reason... :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts