Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that WEBBIKE has larger tank covers...
Both in with and losing the deep angle at the rear of the tank...
I also saw one company offers an R6 tank cover for the R3 but I could NOT read it...
ANYONE know ANYTHING about these???
Thanks...

·
Registered
169 Posts
THANK YOU !!!!
I LOVE you in a manly sort of bike riding brotherly sort of way !!!
Hello,

I just came across this product today. Seems very interesting!! My wish was to have a metal tank but it came with plastic.(yes larger in size better)
Have you purchased it?
Is it made of metal?(Unlike default plastic).
I wish someone would have purchased it so we can see some real photos of it.
btw I found this here also.
http://www.kdprojectracing.com/product/2059/storm-cover-tank-for-yamaha-r3r25-2

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area I'm talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area. Im talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.
Magcal Racing and KITACO (I have that one) real carbon tank protectors:

http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=6651&p.c=1127&p.sk=1

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was checking those out and on eBay. I noticed on the back of my tank(Black) starting to show wear from my clothing. I checked out the tank pads that some people have. They would not even cover the area I'm talking about. The scuffing starts 1/8 " next to the matte plastic tank cover. I Guess I could just shift the protective pad to cover that area. It's black bike so it starts to show sooner I'm thinking. Just got past a 1000 miles on the bike really smooth now. I Really like this bike. Passed my DMV test last week.
Unfortunately I have the same problem with minor scuff marks from riding tuck positions. Need to invest in one of these

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.