Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! Been luring here for a while trying to decide if I wanted to join the R3 community. I currenty have a K7 GSXR 1000 that I ride on the street. I've been wanting to build a track bike for a while, but my GSXR is pristine, and I intend to keep it that way (fingers crossed).

In order to lessen the sting when i inevitably throw my track bike "to the scenery" (thank you, Nick Harris), I've just picked up a salvaged 2015 R3. It suffered a lowside, and best I can tell from preliminary inspection is that the damage is limited to the left clip-on, left rearset, left front fairing, and left tail fairing.

My plan is to get it rideable, put inexpensive race fairings on it, then slowly but surely upgrade the OEM pieces as I go. Currently I don't really intend to race, but just use this as a trackday bike until I feel like I want a bigger bike on the track. Simple, right?

So anyway. I've posted casually a few times, but I guess it's time to get serious. Well, semi-serious. Always enjoy reading the forum daily, along with two or three others I attend regularly. Hope to see you all out there!

Oh, and if you have any spares of the aforementioned parts, hit me up, please! I'll try to have my post count up shortly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I guess we can officially welcome you now lol. Welcome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Better late than never! I've only been here 11 months. But now that I'm an owner, figured might as well make it official. Heh. Oh, and I need the post count. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts