Yamaha R3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Very nice. But unfortunately they don't fit the R3 as a direct bolt in. I'm another one who will order once some kind of kit is assembled with the correct parts. I am a DIY'er as I DIY'ed myself through the installation of an alarm and radar detector this weekend but I'm tired of it. I want something that just fits! :D

That's what we are finishing up.

A Complete R3 Kit....... including

(2) LED Bulbs & (2) Spacers for the Covers.

YES! The first thing I thought when I saw this is I would HAVE to get a cap or mod something to fit because I DO NOT want to have to clean out the headlights... I would imagine a bunch of dirt and dust would come up and find it's way in there and be a pain to clean out later.

I'm also interested in price for complete (bulbs and dust cap).

Props to you guys are HardRacing.com for supplying quality stuff! I've ordered from you guys before with my Honda Grom :)

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Props to you guys are HardRacing.com for supplying quality stuff! I've ordered from you guys before with my Honda Grom :)

Thanks, That's our goal here on the R3 Forum.

Right now, we are finishing up the final costs of the 2 spacers.

Also looking at offering (2) Replacement "Holding" Wires in the kit.

The Stock "Holding" Wire can work, with a little effort.

But, rather just have one with a slightly different bend that's ready to go.

Discussion starter · #29 ·

Good news, Bad News.

Trying to be as transparent as possible on this project.

Good news, we've been ridding for past 2 weeks with the LED's and they work amazing.

BAD NEWS.......... they get really really hot inside the Sealed Light housing. To Hot.

So we have to design a new cap that will seal the light, but allow the Heat Sink and Fan to stay outside the case.

That way, it can breath, and stay cool, and the light housing can stay sealed.

In the meantime, we are just running them without the caps on the back, and they are just fine.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Stock, because when I look at them, I see high is (obviously:)) brighter but I do not yet know if this is caused by the bulb or not.

The 2 Stock Bulbs are the same.

The reason the high beam "Seems" brighter, is there is the different shape of the reflector inside the housing.

if you look close you can see the HIGH Beam reflector actually has a Side piece missing, which allows more light to come out at a higher angle.

I am confused as to why these draw so much to need a fan and a heat sink. Even hids don't have fans on them...is it because the electronics are all part of the bulb, as opposed to hids where the electronics are in the ballast?

they get really really hot inside the Sealed Light housing.
You can try adjusting the output level a little lower. Waste heat from high power led emitters seems to rise exponetially toward the top of their rating. It may only take changing one resistor to turn the power down to where they run cooler but seem almost just as bright. Which will still be much brighter than the stock halogen.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.