Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I unexpectedly won 2nd Place in TST's fender eliminator kit holiday giveaway. I never win a thing. Until now!:) Auspiciously, I put in an order the week before for TST's rear LED turn signals. Also, but not auspiciously, I had already previously ordered Vagabond's fender eliminator kit, but had not installed it due to the win. Anyways, the conundrum....

For those that do not know, the fender eliminator kit has a license plate light that is an LED too. So I am replacing the incandescent turn signals and license plate lights with TST LEDs. However, I am waiting on the HALO front turn signals/running lights. To fix the flash rate from changing to LEDs, I got TST's relay. There is only one relay, right? So what happens if/when I replace the rear turn signals and license plate light to LED but leave the front stock, and install the relay? Should you use transistors a la carte instead? Will the flash rate be fine for the back turn signals and light but not for the front? What if you used the stock light from the OEM fender?

I am an IT and a decent mechanic, but not really good with wiring and electrical stuff-slowly learning. Should've learned from my deceased brother (R.I.P. Perry) who was a whiz and I took for granted as helped me learn a lot on my first bike (Honda Interceptor VTR 250) but then hooked up my 2nd to last bike (1992 Yamaha FZR 600) while I was away in the Army. Couldn't learn as much while away in the Army, and then he unexpectedly passed. I love working on my R3, but man, it makes me think of my bro even more.

Thanks for the help all!

Kenji

·
Registered
120 Posts
From my old setup that's basically what I was running. Instead I had front LED, front center LED and the rest was stock. The relay worked fine with it but I'm having issues now with my current setup how I stated in the other post. Hopefully we can get this figured out! I probably could figure this out if I had a wire diagram but it's been many years since I did circuits and I don't even remember what I did last week! Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts