Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just signed up and I accidentally posted this in the introductions section (lol **** me). Here it is copied and pasted into a more suitable section:

Hey I wanted to get a Million Color Mini Motorcycle Lighting Kit from Ledglow, it's basically just colour changing lights that you stick to your bike. I live in NSW Australia, does anyone know if there are laws against it? The mod improves visibility which is a plus but there might be some kind of laws idk. Also do you think it's okay to go for a cheaper option and maybe buy some regular LED flexible strip lights and just attach those to my bike? It'll save me 50 bucks or so but I wouldn't do it if they'll melt or break quick. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
I don't know about there, but over here, at minimum no red/blue visible from the front (reserved for emergency vehicles / police). Gonna guess you've got similar restrictions, and it's common sense.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in Canada. Here we have laws against having the same colour LED as any emergency vehicle, and specifically where I live laws against having any at all because it's considered distracting to other drivers.

My bike breaks both those laws among countless others and police couldn't care one bit as long as you aren't actually breaking a driving law. Might be different where you are.

Also, these lights are just cheap LED strips but with thicker wire attached to a button in my inner fairing. Been through rain, washes, and services...never had a problem

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Canada. Here we have laws against having the same colour LED as any emergency vehicle, and specifically where I live laws against having any at all because it's considered distracting to other drivers.

My bike breaks both those laws among countless others and police couldn't care one bit as long as you aren't actually breaking a driving law. Might be different where you are.

Also, these lights are just cheap LED strips but with thicker wire attached to a button in my inner fairing. Been through rain, washes, and services...never had a problem
Bike looks awesome. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts