Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone give these (or similar) brands a try yet?

Looks like it'd increase the safety and cool factor?

I know there's a couple of other brands that also allow you to stick a second stop light to the back of the helmet but these look better and are always on.

http://www.lightmodehelmets.com/

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I've seen YouTube videos on this and I thought it was pretty cool.
I don't ride at night much but when I do, it'd be pretty cool to have something like this. I wouldn't want to stick this stuff on my everyday helmet but someday when I end up with a second or third helmet in my collection, I may dedicate one to night rides and do something like this.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but check your states laws before picking your color. Many have laws that restrict certain colors for specific uses. In Wisconsin that means only police can have blue lights displayed while driving on a public roadway. If you put blue on your helmet I can guarantee you will get pulled over.

Just trying to save you guys some money and, possibly, a helmet you can't use on the street anymore because of the color you chose. That is if this stuff has to be glued on to the helmet. If it is just double sided tape, not such a big deal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Shark makes a helmet with built in lights. looks good!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but check your states laws before picking your color.
Yup... Good advice. I'd stick to white, personally.

That is if this stuff has to be glued on to the helmet. If it is just double sided tape, not such a big deal.
They have you tape down a string to your helmet that's the same length as the light tube. Once you have it set just the way you like it, you follow the string line, removing it and gluing down the light tube in spots as you go.
I'd probably use silicon so I could remove it down the road if I wanted to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a Shark SKWAL, that's got green lights front and back. Works alright and the helmet's not that expensive

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a Shark SKWAL that I wear when im being an adult (when I ride the FZ6) and I used a Lightmode EL wire kit on a Scorpion EXO 1100 that I wear when im being a little less adult (R3 or FZ 07).

While both are not legal in Michigan I have ridden by more than a few police officers and none have pulled me over even after looking. I doubt they really care as long as the rider is not doing anything else that would warrant a traffic stop.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
sorry late to the convo by a few years. planning on dong a white and red to go with my bike. it say in the vehicle code as long as its not pulsing from what I can tell I can have it so going to get this el wire and use clear silicon or maybe use clear tape at first in case the cops tell me to take it off and it should be easy to take off. need to get it first by the end of the month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts