Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. The R3 is my first bike and I purchased it brand new. Unfortunately, I've already dropped it after riding a few times. It happened mid turn. It was a survival reaction. I came into a turn to quick, hit a small gravel patch, target fixated the curb, and I panicked. I grabbed a handful of the brake, as well as locking up the rear. The bike barely slid.
I was able to ride back home, without any noticeable problems as far as steering, or the engine. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for getting cocky so soon. Here are some pictures of the damage ( I apologize for the flash. I will try to take more pictures during daylight.) There only a few cosmetic scratches, also a bent shift pedal.
Now once I turn my bike on, I can only manage to switch between high and low beam. Nothing else works such as the horn, brake light, signal lights. Is there any solution to this? ( On the last image, those were the only broken pieces that I was able to find at the crash site. I don't think the bolt belongs to my bike, but I just want to make sure.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. I looked at it this morning. The damage shown is very minimal. Concerning the lights and horn, I think I might have to replace a fuse.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think you'll just have to replace the 15.0A fuse,

I blew mine out a weeks days ago trying to install the AUX light, same thing happened, no horn, turn signals, breaking light etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure you disconnect your broken blinker first. it looks like you may have a short in that picture where the pins are bent together. if you don't disconnect it (or at least check the pins) before you replace the fuse, you'll probably just blow it again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gravel and/or sand in corners have claimed many of us (my one and only dumping of a bike included), don't beat yourself up over it. You didn't get hurt, bike is repairable, and you recognized why it happened.

Buy some frame sliders or if funds permit, a crash protection kit (TST sells a nice one).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts