Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, was wondering if anyone would know where i can buy online the caps for the locknut for the mirror on R3 2018, am missing one and it bothers me as it's my first bike and want it to look perfect. Went to the yamaha dealer and they said i have to buy the whole mirror.
P.s i live in Australia.
Thanks in Advance

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
I just looked to see if maybe your parts guy/gal missed something... appears not. I can't believe Yamaha would make you buy a complete mirror... but I don't see that cover sold separately. I'm OCD with my bikes, but I wouldn't pay $80 US for a mirror replacement. I'd have to get creative and look for something as a substitute... from a hardware store or electrical supply store, or a toy store. There are all sorts of plastic covers available, just try to think outside the box to find them. As long as I could make it look decent, and do the same on both sides, I'd be satisfied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked to see if maybe your parts guy/gal missed something... appears not. I can't believe Yamaha would make you buy a complete mirror... but I don't see that cover sold separately. I'm OCD with my bikes, but I wouldn't pay $80 US for a mirror replacement. I'd have to get creative and look for something as a substitute... from a hardware store or electrical supply store, or a toy store. There are all sorts of plastic covers available, just try to think outside the box to find them. As long as I could make it look decent, and do the same on both sides, I'd be satisfied.
One of my mates will try to 3d print it, will see how he go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts