Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on the first long distance ride.

1127km up into the mountains this weekend. hope the R3 is up for it.

Vancouver BC to Osoyoss to Kelowna then to Whistler and back home.

2 days.

Lots of pics to come.

·
Registered
433 Posts
cant wait for those pics! this is an EPIC route! I shall join you... one day

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Anyone have a clever way to carry an extra 1 - 1.5g of fuel, just for long trips? I was looking at the Rotopax 1.0g and 1.75g containers, or a generic 1.5 container from Amazon that I could hide in a tail pack. Again, only for the occasional long trip. I was thinking to ride from CA to NV, and there's a 100 mile stretch where Google doesn't indicate any gas stations, and I'd just be more comfortable with an extra 50 mile range in my pocket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100 miles is only 160ish km your tank should be good. a 2L fuel bottle will most likely save you from any issues you may have. there are expensive ways to carry more gas but cheapest is the jerry cans of 5-10L

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leave in 10 hours. very excited. Going to be a long trip with just a backpack :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there will be pics haha bringing the DSLR

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Today I rode up to Mi-Wuk / Sierra Village, about 165 miles total. Just flowing with traffic, got just over 62 mpg. Even with just 3.7 gallons, that's a decent range if you're not hooning the throttle. I can't imagine doing 700 miles in one weekend, I don't think I have the iron butt, lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
the iron butt, lol.
I'm doing my first Iron Butt 1,000 miles in a day ride next month. Syracuse, NY to Birmingham, AL for a three day wine and dine with Mercedes at the factory and a trip to the Barber motorcycle museum. Every dealer employee in the country has to for "Brand Immersion" at some point.
Then a week of tent camping through the Smokeys and Blue Ridge mountains on the way home. I wonder if I can get my boss to pay me the $500 that I won't be using for the usual plane ticket? It takes me $22 in gas to go 1,000 miles on my streamlined CBR250R.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm doing my first Iron Butt 1,000 miles in a day ride next month. Syracuse, NY to Birmingham, AL for a three day wine and dine with Mercedes at the factory and a trip to the Barber motorcycle museum. Every dealer employee in the country has to for "Brand Immersion" at some point.
Then a week of tent camping through the Smokeys and Blue Ridge mountains on the way home. I wonder if I can get my boss to pay me the $500 that I won't be using for the usual plane ticket? It takes me $22 in gas to go 1,000 miles on my streamlined CBR250R.
Pretty unlikely, just because he has nothing to claim as the expense with the company. I've never had a job where we could claim expenses without some sort of receipt. You might able to slip a few bucks by, but 500 is something that would be picked up in audits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts