Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I am looking for a helmet. I live in Canada so that puts some US alternatives out of the way (horrible dollar conversion, shipping, difficult returns).

I was wondering, what is the best place to buy a decent helmet in Canada?

Also any suggestions on a helmet? (Im looking for around 100-200$).

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the title says, I am looking for a helmet. I live in Canada so that puts some US alternatives out of the way (horrible dollar conversion, shipping, difficult returns).

I was wondering, what is the best place to buy a decent helmet in Canada?

Also any suggestions on a helmet? (Im looking for around 100-200$).
I have bought three times from CanadasMotorcyle, and returned twice with no restock, and paying only $7 return shipping. Great online store.

The HJC CL-17 is a good starter helmet that is top safety rated (Snell). You should be able to find a graphic to match one of the three YZF-R3 colors. I like the CL-17 mech hunter in blue to match the blue/grey YZF-R3 I just put a deposit on...

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=cl-17

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've ordered all gear, tires and parts from canadasmotorcycle, free shipping easy returns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Canadasmotorcycle is great but you really should go to a bike shop and try some lids on. If you're too cheap to buy one from a shop, at least try some on first and find one that works, then order it online.:nerd:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up trying a couple helmets in stores and fell in love with the Icon Airmada. Its tight to the point where it doesn't move at all on my head but still comfortable. Canadasmotorcycle didn't have my size in the color scheme I was looking for and the store gave me a good deal so just bought it there. Don't really like the shield locking mechanism on it but the tight fit and comfort made me take it anyways.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You could always give GPBikes a try. They're based in Ontario but they do free shipping, shipping's fast (5-7 days) and they prices are sometimes cheaper than Canada'sMotorcycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts