Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, so my friend recently gave me his power commander V as he was making an upgrade, and I'm looking to see if anyone would have a map that would suit my setup.
My 2016 model has a full akrapovic exhaust system, high flow air filter and high flow air box covers. I have already looked at the maps that dynojet have available on their website, but they only have a couple of options and none of which would be even close to what I need. And to make it even worse I found out that there's no motorcycle tuners in my state, and if I did want to get a custom tune I would have to take the bike about 9 hours away, leave it there for a day, and then pick it up and take it home afterwards, which I think anyone would agree is a royal pain in the ass. So before I even think about going that route I wanted to first check to see if anyone knows where I could download one or if anyone here would have a custom map that's similar to what I need. And I know that if anyone does have a map like the one that I need, they've spent the money to actually get theirs custom tuned, which is why I'm willing to pay for a map if anyone does have one, not expecting one for free, unless they're feeling generous of course. With how many people there are on this website I figured there has to be at least one person out there that has done something similar and wouldn't mind helping someone out. So please if you do have anything similar to what I'm looking for, comment on this or message me and we can sort something out. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,331 Posts
🔴Guys and gals. A friendly reminder. Especially for new folks to the Forum. Verify and verify again before any monies or personal information is exchanged. Things are normally as they seem.. but there's always that exception.
No judgement here... just a friendly reminder. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
🔴Guys and gals. A friendly reminder. Especially for new folks to the Forum. Verify and verify again before any monies or personal information is exchanged. Things are normally as they seem.. but there's always that exception.
No judgement here... just a friendly reminder. (y)
110% agree with you mate, I've been down that road before, never again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi folks, so my friend recently gave me his power commander V as he was making an upgrade, and I'm looking to see if anyone would have a map that would suit my setup.
My 2016 model has a full akrapovic exhaust system, high flow air filter and high flow air box covers. I have already looked at the maps that dynojet have available on their website, but they only have a couple of options and none of which would be even close to what I need. And to make it even worse I found out that there's no motorcycle tuners in my state, and if I did want to get a custom tune I would have to take the bike about 9 hours away, leave it there for a day, and then pick it up and take it home afterwards, which I think anyone would agree is a royal pain in the ass. So before I even think about going that route I wanted to first check to see if anyone knows where I could download one or if anyone here would have a custom map that's similar to what I need. And I know that if anyone does have a map like the one that I need, they've spent the money to actually get theirs custom tuned, which is why I'm willing to pay for a map if anyone does have one, not expecting one for free, unless they're feeling generous of course. With how many people there are on this website I figured there has to be at least one person out there that has done something similar and wouldn't mind helping someone out. So please if you do have anything similar to what I'm looking for, comment on this or message me and we can sort something out. Thanks.
Hello, I have a Power commander on my R3 as well, the easiest way is to ask your friend if he/she still has the original paperwork for the power commander that they gave you. Then, just email the company, they will ask for one of the numbers on the paperwork, then what your set up is, and email you back a map for your commander. They do this for the life of the unit, I have changed set ups on mine 3 times now in the 2 years that I have had it and they have sent me new maps when I have asked at no charge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Easiest way is call dynojet you can probably get what you need very cheap I called to get code to turn up Rev limiter if I sent pic of screen with map opened you can adjust map you have up or down but make ask and see what they say

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can help you where are you
Hi there,
I am wondering if you would also be able to help me out with this. I have also noticed that the pcv website doesn't really provide us with what we need exactly. I have the same model and year bike as you with all possible modifications, only thing is, I have no idea where to even start with custom mapping.

Would you be able to help me out with a custom map similar to what you run?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,
I am wondering if you would also be able to help me out with this. I have also noticed that the pcv website doesn't really provide us with what we need exactly. I have the same model and year bike as you with all possible modifications, only thing is, I have no idea where to even start with custom mapping.

Would you be able to help me out with a custom map similar to what you run?

Thanks!
What map is on there now

·
Registered
20 Posts
I probably have same ones you have I do know that if you mess with one even a little bit adding fuel or spark to any range or all will cause things to not be good in areas you need them to be let me ask are you on the track with bike what sprocket front and rear on bike what is the absolute fastest you can get that R3 to go

·
Registered
20 Posts
Coming down from 2 story highbank at Daytona I got 134 mph not a good line at all for small bike but I wanted every last thing with setup I had that day and that was it I did well overall that weekend got lucky in rain up 6 spots in 2 turns on Sunday

·
Registered
5 Posts
I probably have same ones you have I do know that if you mess with one even a little bit adding fuel or spark to any range or all will cause things to not be good in areas you need them to be let me ask are you on the track with bike what sprocket front and rear on bike what is the absolute fastest you can get that R3 to go
I haven't messed around with any of the tables and I'm not on any tracks, I mainly use it for joyrides where I'll race through the hills of Adelaide and then also to use as a daily.

Sprockets are stock, main modifications are full system akrapovic exhaust, K&N air filter and opened airbox and now the pcv. I don't really have a clue on whether or not my bike is running at its absolute best that it could be, so thought I'd ask to see if you have a map that aligns perfectly with those mods, if you know what I mean?
I understand how to add the maps to pcv such as the one I've gotten from their website but looking for someone who may have already done the work to make it it's best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't messed around with any of the tables and I'm not on any tracks, I mainly use it for joyrides where I'll race through the hills of Adelaide and then also to use as a daily.

Sprockets are stock, main modifications are full system akrapovic exhaust, K&N air filter and opened airbox and now the pcv. I don't really have a clue on whether or not my bike is running at its absolute best that it could be, so thought I'd ask to see if you have a map that aligns perfectly with those mods, if you know what I mean?
I understand how to add the maps to pcv such as the one I've gotten from their website but looking for someone who may have already done the work to make it it's best!
I reckon absolute fastest I've gone is just over 200 km/h full throttle, highest gear

·
Registered
20 Posts
The smaller rear sprocket you have faster top end but slower off line try a 45 or 46 in rear and stock front what about your handlebars if you have stock risers your definitely missing the fun also I raised my rear end 1 1/4 inch dropped front just a little for better cornering I'm old but I love laying bike over ass off seat knee on the ground sometimes even elbow scrapes and there are so many better and faster riders than myself I started by following best I could the fast ones I crashed a few times but if you don't crash your not going fast enough smooth and steady eyes where you want to go and enjoy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello again, I am sending the software that you will need to load maps into your power commander along with the map that I have. I have a K&N air filter, race pipes, and a slip on exhaust on my bike so this one should work for you as well. Have fun and good riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello again, I am sending the software that you will need to load maps into your power commander along with the map that I have. I have a K&N air filter, race pipes, and a slip on exhaust on my bike so this one should work for you as well. Have fun and good riding.
Hi there, would you be able to help.me me out with this too? I would appreciate it a lot!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts