Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says it all. atm im using velcro pads. super cheap, and I absolutely cant trust them riding over 25mph.

Anyone have good luck with small simple mounts for a iphone6/samsung galaxy s6? Ram mounts? what model? pictures?

Thanks! -Jack:)

·
Registered
732 Posts
HEy man, welcome. I am about to pass out, so just leaving you a quick link. If I can, I'll return later and reply more.

Anyway, this thread is filled with great posts, pointers, pics, instructions etc for various types of mounts-handle bar mounted to gas tank bolt mount hack, and so on. It is very handy and informative, and allows you to avoid dreaded trial and error, and ordering wrong parts!

·
Registered
20 Posts
title says it all. atm im using velcro pads. super cheap, and I absolutely cant trust them riding over 25mph.

Anyone have good luck with small simple mounts for a iphone6/samsung galaxy s6? Ram mounts? what model? pictures?

Thanks! -Jack:)

I'm using a RAM mount with an iPhone 6s in a LifeProof Fre Power case (pretty bulky, which is why I mentioned it) and this is the video I used to set up my mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqcdEfXx2BM

Now I don't know any drawbacks to this particular setup, but I've had zero issues so far, and it was a cheap easy setup imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RAM Mount

I have a three piece RAM setup on my bike. The base is the 1" offset brake reservoir mounting plate. The middle attachment is the short composite double socket arm for the 1" ball. The third piece is the universal cradle holder for the 1" ball. RAM has a system on their website where you can input your phone and it'll tell you which cradle to buy. All of the pieces in my kit were ordered from amazon and the total cost was ~$60. The first thing that I did after installing the mount was a max speed run just to get to trust the mount, which held up no problem. The grip is very firm and I cannot see my phone ever falling out of it unless I crash. All in all I am very happy with this "mod".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a three piece RAM setup on my bike. The base is the 1" offset brake reservoir mounting plate. The middle attachment is the short composite double socket arm for the 1" ball. The third piece is the universal cradle holder for the 1" ball. RAM has a system on their website where you can input your phone and it'll tell you which cradle to buy. All of the pieces in my kit were ordered from amazon and the total cost was ~$60. The first thing that I did after installing the mount was a max speed run just to get to trust the mount, which held up no problem. The grip is very firm and I cannot see my phone ever falling out of it unless I crash. All in all I am very happy with this "mod".
Show me a pic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts