Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I want to share with you what i did to my R25. I changed my tank cover to a R1 style tank cover. It isnt a 100% fit but it isnt noticable unless you go look near on the bike. But overall it looks nice with a bigger feel. (During this install, the front weren't lowered yet)

Also, i just went to my Yamaha for a service, and i asked them if the front cant be lowered. They said yes it can and they lowered by 1 half inch. I attached some pictures for you guys. The handling felt different. To me, it is more sensitive when i turn the handles abit. Felt a little bit aggressive but still not compared to the R6. If theres anything wrong, please do let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Where ya get the tank cover from ?? Looks nice!

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can swap out those clip-ons and footpegs to make them to have a more race like posture too!

Anyway, does water seep through the 4 holes at the front of the tank?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the tank cover from Malaysia. Indonesia do sell them too but shipping from Indonesia is really expensive. More of these are from the Indonesia though. If you guys are really interested, i think it will be better to buy it in a bulk, i can try to help you guys to contact them as their English aren't really good.

Yes, water does seep into the 4 holes but I have yet to put something inside to cover it (black colour) as its just for aethestic.

·
Registered
105 Posts
dam, that was one of my concern when considering the tank.. Am afraid it might damage something internally. Do share how you cover those holes!

How much is the tank cover?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got the tank cover from Malaysia. Indonesia do sell them too but shipping from Indonesia is really expensive. More of these are from the Indonesia though. If you guys are really interested, i think it will be better to buy it in a bulk, i can try to help you guys to contact them as their English aren't really good.

Yes, water does seep into the 4 holes but I have yet to put something inside to cover it (black colour) as its just for aethestic.
What was cost??

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know many people wanted to get this tank cover including me but not sure about the quality of it.
How is the touch and feel of it? I think it's made of fiber glass, is it sturdy than OEM which makes sounds, how is it in person?
If the water gets in wouldn't that cause issues?
Did you also changed to integrated turn signals in RVM?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tank i got from Malaysia cost 380 Malaysian Ringgit, not too sure how much it is in USD. Its made of some carbon material. Its not as good quality compared to the OEM tank cover. It is definitely softer. The tank came like this without the screw holes drilled so you have to do it yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is how they lowered mine. All the screws circled in red are the ones he lowered. Then he just pushed from the top the triple clamp down an inch on each side then tighten back the screws. The position of the handles remained the same. The riding position does not feel aggrssive yet. I just wanted to lower it to reduce the gap between the headlight and the front tyres area. I noticed that when it was stock, the gap is huge and it looks quite ugly.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ya. Thats showing you guys the difference between 1 and a half inch and 1 inch. They are both equally at 1 inch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been thinking about lowering mine just because of my height =/ Did anything change after lowering it? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The handling of the bike does felt abit different especially when turning or cornering. To me, it felt more sharp when you turn. other than that, nothing else feels different. the position is still upright.

·
Super Moderator
1,308 Posts
When I lowered my heavy-ass FZ6R in the front (to match the 1" drop from rear link) the pig-heavy handling got considerably lighter, I loved it. Some people hated it though ("twitchy!"), it's personal preference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts