Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 R3. Replaced the headlights with a better bulb because when I bought the bike the left low beam was out. Put new bulbs in and the left low beam is still out. So bulbs not the issue. Thoughts?

Just bought the bike for my niece as a starter. Took care of the oil, new plugs, checked air filter, and attempting these bulbs. Bike has 3,000 miles.

I am mechanically incline.... fuse? Wiring? Where should I start?

Any links for a good manual?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I often get cars flashing their high beams at me to tell me one of my headlights are out. When I first got my R3 this annoyed me, so I rode with the full beams on (during the day) and I'd then get cars flashing their high beams at me because it was too bright... You can't win.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I had the bike inspected for transferring an out of state title when I bought it, the officer told me to get it fixed. I told him some bikes were like this, he still insisted I fix it. So I tried... lol... I printed the manual page from sLing and put it under the seat with the insurance and registration. Not much more I can do.

Very thankful for all your comments!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes the law enforcers require a bit of subtle education. Carrying that page from the manual puts things straight without getting into a war of words.

Cheers B Lo

·
Registered
195 Posts
I once noticed that, if I stood at the exact right location, my lights were totally obscured from view. It would have been enough to make my bike invisible to a car next to it in another lane if it was in exactly the right position.

To overcome this somewhat, I installed undercarriage lights to make my bike more visible.

I now have a 2020 R3, so this is no longer an issue, as both headlights are illuminated.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts