Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I've seen that some people has lowered their oem bars on their 2015-2018 R3. Now on the 2019 they come with clip-ons and they sit a little bit lower, but I was wondering if might also be possible to lower these about an inch, instead of purchasing a new set of clip-ons to do the same job.

Also, the bike came with Dunlop GPR300, I will use this bike mostly for the track, I'm wondering if these tires will be safe to use at a track or I'm better off buying stickier tires.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes you can lower them and for track you can run any tire really. Just ride to the level of grip you have. You won't be any safer but you'll be faster with stickier rubber.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think all R3's (2015 - 2020) have clip-ons with a bolt that indexes them on top of the of the triple tree top clamp. People have been taking their steering apart and mounting them under the top clamp of the triple tree without that indexing bolt. Once you've moved them it's a matter of checking clearances and cable routing. You're probably not going to get an extra inch lower under the top clamp, not without sitting on the body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thing is that on the 2019 it already comes under the triple tree clamp, so I guess I will play with it and see how much lower can it go before any clearance issues come up.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, in this case I will just use this stock GPR300 and then upgrade for better rubber after they wear out. I wonder what tire could this be compared with, I used Diablo Rosso 2 on my Ducati Monster 797 last time at the track and I was seriously nowhere near the grip limits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts