Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
better turning when cornering. easier to tuck in and more comfortable at high speed. BUT, more tiring when you are just cruising on the street at regular to low speed due to the position. Sportier but less overall comfort.

Is there a negative effect on handlinG?

Does lowering the bars like this result in a negative effect on handling? I was curious about lowering the bars on my 2019 as well, but am reluctant because I do not understand what the effect will be on handling. Is the effect positional; i.e., less severe or more severe depending on how much more the bars are lowered?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are some pics of that mod on the 2019. If you lower the front at the same time it instantly changes the stance :) much more comfortable (and sportier), especially if you are a taller rider like myself.

Also, zero clearance issues. Handle bars touch nothing from left to right..
I want to turn out my clip ons for a slightly wider on longer reach. I am concerned about the alignment bolt you mentioned that connects to the triple clamp. Is it more than just an alignment bolt? Is it not intended to secure the clips on and make sure they do not come loose? Have you had any loosening issues by not replacing it when you lowered the clip ons.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is there a negative effect on handlinG?

Does lowering the bars like this result in a negative effect on handling? I was curious about lowering the bars on my 2019 as well, but am reluctant because I do not understand what the effect will be on handling. Is the effect positional; i.e., less severe or more severe depending on how much more the bars are lowered?
My bars as low as possible. No noticeble negative effects on handling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The clip-ons are under the triple clamp on the 2019 model. I just lowered mine about an inch further to have a better and sportier stance/ position.
There is about a 3/4 inch gap between the handle bars and triple clamps now. Feels awesome :)
Pictures? TX!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts