Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've been researching aftermarket exhausts ever since I got my R3, and now I'm definitely looking towards getting a M4 Street Slayer, but either the slip on or the full exhaust system.

The question is what do you guys think when it comes to the pros and cons of having a slip on versus the full exhaust system? Is the full exhaust really that much more worth it regardless of the cost?

Thanks!

- Monika

·
Registered
198 Posts
Slip on Pros: Doesn't need an aftermarket ECU to tune it correctly, easy to install, sounds better than stock
Slip on Cons: Almost no performance increase

Full Exhaust Pros: Big increase in HP (respectively), big weight savings, sounds better than stock.
Full Exhaust Cons: Requires aftermarket ECU and dyno tune (also blockoff plates), more expensive than slip on.

That answer everything?

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you have the means, go with the full exhaust (including block off plate, BMC air filter and Bazazz fi or Power Commander) which will run you $1000 or higher depending on exhaust system you choose. You can order the full set up from one of the site vendors and they can set up the Bazazz / Power commander with the correct mapping.

If you buy a slip on you can spend $300 + and then 3 months down the road you will want to get the full exhaust, but now your slip on is useless, because it will not work with ANY full exhaust system. Either you go all in, or just leave the exhaust stock.

That being said, the M4 Street Slayer is a "third way" you get a great sound, without spending a much. Keep in mind, it involves cutting / fitting the stock exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts