Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted on here in a while, but when I purchase my motorcycle back in September 2015 I wanted to get an exhaust for my bike. I kept putting it off because I told myself I didn't need to spend the money. After talking about it for a year, my boyfriend surprised me with the M4 Street Slayer Exhaust for my birthday last week!

I plan to put it on my bike this week. It doesn't sound too complicated. I have found YouTube Videos and directions online to assist.

Before/After pics, etc. to follow. I know a few of you on here already have this exhaust. I can't wait to hear the new sound in person!

Any tips/tricks to putting on the exhaust would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very nice birthday surprise.

Ready to ride up and swap rear shocks (for another oem) to dial in the sag on the bike? You can start another thread on setting up your suspension. I'm in Pasadena, MD.

Jerry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the new exhaust, I'm in a similar boat as you...1 yr and 13k miles later, I finally said screw it and put in a m4, install was a few hours including oil change.

And OMG! I should of done this a year ago. It sounds mean now without the baffle in. I might end up putting the baffle back in cuz it is crazy loud

·
Registered
40 Posts
My bike with the new exhaust. Only 2 years later I finally posted pictures...
That looks so nice! I've never heard one. I've been hesitant to buy one because my neighbors might not love me as much afterwords. But I think that it might be necessary for lane splitting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would say its a 5/10 to do. I'm only saying a because of the cutting of the header. Took me about an hour. Find the video that shows how to do it WITHOUT removing the side panels. All the bolt up stuff is very easy.

Loudness - if you want a little loud, use the baffle. If you want a nice loudness (I don't think its too loud IMHO), run without the baffle. When you get the flash, let them know if your running with or without the baffle.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts