Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Your video is no longer available. I think the Toce exhaust is the best looking of all the brands I have seen for this bike, but even with the DB Killer it was too loud for riding in town so I replaced it with a Two Brothers exhaust. I hope you fix the video as I would like to hear how it sounds after you did what ever you did.

· Registered
2020 yzfr3
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I deleted the vid. I did some more experiments with the exhaust and what I did in the video effected high rpm power. I didn’t want anyone doing that.
So tomorrow I will be trying something different to lower the noise and keep the exhaust flow going as much as I can.

· Registered
2020 yzfr3
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so what I ended up doing and making it more permanent is take the DB killer from Toce and drill more holes in it all the way to the top. Then I cut the end off to make it a straight through design. Put insulation on the entire DB killer. Then I took another baffle and installed it inside the Toce db killer.
Musical instrument Font Rectangle Office supplies Wood

this is similar to the baffle. I cut the large end off so it slipped into the DB killer. I then welded a washer that was the same diameter of the baffle to the end that was facing the engine so I could weld that to the inside of the DB killer. Then drilled a 1” hole in the washer. So in the end the baffle directs sound waves into the db killer and into the insulation before it exits the exhaust. It’s a straight through design with a smaller hole to travel through but is still less restricted that the db killer with the end still on.
So IMHO it is now perfect. Sounds amazing, still has plenty of flow to pull hard in the upper RPM ranges.
My next move is to make an appointment at 2wheeldynoworks for a flash tune dyno session. I do have the Toce flash (which they did for me free because of shipping delays) but I think 2wheel can do a better job tuning on a dyno.

· Registered
53 Posts
That sounds like it should work well. Let us know the outcome after the dyno and flash are completed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts