Yamaha R3 Forums banner

What is your gender-relationship-motorcycling correlation (respond only if you DO ride motorcycles)?

• I'm female and single.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm female and have a boyfriend/husband who also rides.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate to say it, but it seems that this section of the R3 forum is an accurate microcosm of gender in the motorcycling world: the whole 97% male thing, or whatever it is (I think that's actually about right) seems to be well represented here... It sucks. More women should ride motorcycles. But I guess if they wanted to, they would. Who knows, maybe that could change some day.

I also have a hypothesis that of the tiny portion of women who regularly ride motorcycles, the majority are pursuing it as an activity that they can do with a boyfriend/husband. Please don't take this as my being sexist, for I intend it as anything but that: I think it's actually too bad that more women don't tend to ride independently (of course there's nothing wrong with riding with a significant other! -- and again, this is just my hypothesis based on extensive personal observation), and this definitely shouldn't be something that "requires" a boyfriend LOL!!! On a somewhat related note, I would say the same is probably true of partner dancing (except the opposite): the majority of men who regularly participate in partner dancing are probably married and pursuing it as an activity to do with a wife or girlfriend [another hypothesis here...]. I mention this because I've done a little ballroom dancing while single. end digression

I've added a simple poll to test this hypothesis (hoping it will get at least a few responses). Forgive me if there are issues with the poll's validity for some reason: I only took a few minutes to create it and certainly could have overlooked something. Thanks in advance if you do respond!

[on that note^^, if someone happens to be in some other type of relationship or happens to have some kind of intersex thing going on or something...please feel free to answer as "single", or don't answer, or whatever...; I don't mean to offend anyone -- just want to keep it short and sweet here]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm female and taught my husband to ride! I absolutely did not start riding because of a guy. I like fast cars, mostly manual sports cars, and got the R3 for the track. My FZ-09 is my main bike and I sold my ZX6R to buy my husband a new bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts