Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wanted to gauge interest in a meet and green for riders in New England, specifically, Mass. I've been on car forums since I was 16, and made life-long friendships with good people of similar interest. Even met my wife through forums. So I've done this a few times with good results :).

Idea is to meet sometime in June next month on a weekend day (Sat/Sun). We can meet at a fairly centralized location depending on whoever is coming and where they are coming with. My idea is to meet at a State Park, or some other public area where we can do a Mini BBQ. Then a ride and cruise afterwards. I always end these types of meets with a photoshoot at the end to capture the memories.

If you're interested, post up. Make sure you post what weekend works best for you.

Available Weekends:

June 11/12
June 18/19
June 25-26
July 2/3 (with fireworks if interested)

So, in short. Anyone interest? If you are, which days works good for you? If you're not on the forums often, PM me your contact info (email or cell phone) so we can keep in touch as time gets closer.

UPCOMING:

When: June 25th, 2016 Saturday - 11:00am
Where: Hopkinton State Park - Camp site TBD
Why: Because why the **** not?

List of attendees:
Chad & Britt
JiiMc
AesonVirus
-furbz-
beau_bygrace116
aaypan
FredR3

Grilling Items Needed:
Hamburger Meat & Hot Dogs
Buns and more buns!
Plates, napkins, utensils
Drinks (soda and water, no alcohol allowed)
Chips Galore (Please bring variety)
Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, relish)
Charcoal, Spatula, and Lighter Fluid -- Supplied by Chad & Britt
If you think of more we'll add it on

Other Items which would be nice..:
Football
Frisbee
Dedicated Camera Guy (I can be it if no one else has a DSLR camera)
If you think of more we'll add it on

Car meets I have organized in the past:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/meet-ph...-pic-story-8-22-56k-stfu-diaf.html?highlight=

http://www.club3g.com/forum/meet-ph...15th-pics-vids-galore-56k-qft.html?highlight=

http://www.club3g.com/forum/meet-photos/158786-mtod-12-official-picture-thread.html?highlight=

·
Registered
218 Posts
From the seacoast NH, but would be willing to cross boarders and be a MASShole for a day ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Subd for more details, I'm in the Boston area and all those dates are good with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any weekend except 11/12 June. Thanks Chad for taking the initiative! I am very excited to meet fellow R3 riders around .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far, the 25th or 26th look like the best dates for everyone. Couple more people and I can start making a list of attendees and plans for the location and activities. We'll most likely end up BBQ'n or doing some time of group ride to an event, like go karts or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alrighty, i'll start putting together an itinerary and attendance list. If you know of any other New England members, invite them along. Even if they don't own R3's. Would be a fun bike cruise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Expect to have a list of everything after this holiday.

@Chad : Are you planning of creating a Facebook group? Might be easier to coordinate and spread the word

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's a good point.. I use 'meetup' app for some other meet ups. http://www.meetup.com I will leave it upto @Chad. Anybody can sign up with their email and works pretty well for social events. Anything works for me.. Just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I have set up dozens of meets through a car forum that I used to spend WAY too much time on and all of my most successful meets were done through one simple forum thread. The more complicated you make it, the more unsuccessful the meet.

I typically would create the thread to gauge interest and once we had a date established, I'd create a new thread to document the plan and collect info on who would be attending. As the day approaches, any new updates could be found in that same thread which eliminated confusion.

In the thread that documents the meet, I liked keeping track of who would be attending by having each member reply to the thread and add their name to the list. For example...

1) Chad
2) AesonVirus
3) Aaypan
Etc...

With car meets, we'd plan cookouts and stuff and next to each name, people could state what they would be bringing.
With bike meets, we need less of that since we can't carry much on our bikes.

Just some suggestions. I know Chad said he's set up successful meets. My days were in the Infiniti forum (G35Driver.com) and I have a bunch of friends I still see to this day from those days.

I miss my car :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All the meet info will be on this thread. I can make a FB group too if people are interested. But i'd expect most of the interest to be from the forums.

As stated, i'll put together info by this weekend. I'll have a list of activities and attendees. So sit tight. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How does everyone feel about having a BBQ at a state park? Everyone could bring something to eat and share.

Or would yall rather do an activity? Go karts? Ect..

·
Registered
175 Posts
How does everyone feel about having a BBQ at a state park? Everyone could bring something to eat and share.

Or would yall rather do an activity? Go karts? Ect..

I guess state park sounds like a good idea. Since it will be the first meet up, it will be nice to catch up with other fellow riders, have some BBQ.
Go karting is fun too! I'd say first meet at state park and next could be go kart or some other fun activity?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts