Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

If regular preventative maintenance is performed on time, and in accordance with the manual, what is the expected life span of the R3/R25 engine before requiring a rebuild or flat out having to discard the engine?

Can everybody share their ODO info so we can see the max ODO :)

Now my R25 is manifetured in 2016 an ODO is = 15k Km

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi everyone,

If regular preventative maintenance is performed on time, and in accordance with the manual, what is the expected life span of the R3/R25 engine before requiring a rebuild or flat out having to discard the engine?

Can everybody share their ODO info so we can see the max ODO :)

Now my R25 is manifetured in 2016 an ODO is = 15k Km

I know a guy on YouTube, ThisLifeRiding, has a Ninja 300 with 22k + miles on it still going good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've got 15k miles, there's another guy I've seen pop in and out of here with close to 35,000 miles. That's 55000 km or so. Plenty of life in these motors

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
With regular and proper maintenance, engines from the big four last for tens of thousands of miles. I've heard of Hondas and Yamahas Going into 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Take care of it and it will take care of you.

There have been some reports of early engine issues with very hard track use. Other than that I haven't seen many issues with these. Other than the common coolant leak that affected many of us.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I daily my R3 as a commuter and have over 50,000Km in my 2 years of owning this bike. Engine will last you a good long while as long as you keep to the maintenance schedule.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts