Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow R3 riders! I have a few years of experience riding on the street, but before January, I had zero experience on a track. Now I've been on the track six times and I've learned more about riding in months, than I have in years of riding on the street. It's just much more difficult for me to ride with the same confidence on the street as I can ride with on the track.
As a beginner, I would definitely urge you to look into motorcycle "schools," track day instructions, or any other performance based riding program. I took a Cornering class in January with Can Akkaya ( Superbike-Coach.com) and have since taken 3 more classes and a bike setup workshop. My riding has developed dramatically from my first class in January to day four in July. After day four I was confident enough to try racing! I entered into a small racing series called the Norcal Moto Challenge and had a blast! I am now a much more confident street rider and track rider. Also, if track is not your thing at all, I believe Can Akkaya also does classes strictly to improve street riding by riding with you on the street. I definitely recommend looking into some programs, schools, etc... and choose what suits you best. Good luck and be safe out there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking for some good courses in NorCal! I'll be checking this one out for sure. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have any questions about the classes I took, let me know. Also if anyone wants any info on the Race Series, I'm more than happy to share what I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts