Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have some. I haven't had them on the street/track yet as I'm still working on the build, but they seem pretty well built. Certainly lighter and more adjustable than the OEMs, but prob not as bulletproof as the Woodcrafts. Eh. Since I'm trying to do this first one on a reasonable budget, I didn't want to get ridiculous on parts just yet. And I have a hard time spending $500 on a set of rear sets for a $700 bike. I only wish the black was available without the red inserts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some. I haven't had them on the street/track yet as I'm still working on the build, but they seem pretty well built. Certainly lighter and more adjustable than the OEMs, but prob not as bulletproof as the Woodcrafts. Eh. Since I'm trying to do this first one on a reasonable budget, I didn't want to get ridiculous on parts just yet. And I have a hard time spending $500 on a set of rear sets for a $700 bike. I only wish the black was available without the red inserts.
Thanks.
Do you plan on setting up GP shift with them?
Mind posting pics and impressions when you get them fitted?
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
They seem pretty durable. I've seen reviews of some of the Chinese eBay rearsets where the footpegs actually bent when someone stood up on them. I don't feel any give on these and they look to be well machined. Lots of adjustability. Only time will tell once I get this thing on the road, but everything works like it's supposed to so far. On a blue bike, I find the red accents annoying, and they're not available ALL black. I'll paint the red pieces eventually, but right now I just want everything together.

Here's a few pics. Please forgive the dust...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you checked out this article on yamahar3racing.com? It goes pretty in depth on what's available and does talk about the comparative peg positions of several different rearsets. I thought it was pretty helpful. Lot of other good info on their site too.

http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/03/what-are-the-best-rearsets-for-the-yamaha-r3/

EDIT: Also, just FYI, I do not have these set on the furthest back or highest position the bike at the moment. A bit higher than OEM, but theres still room to move them back and up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics. Does it "look" like you could put it in GP shift mode?
The rep said yes that I contacted at Hotbodies, but wanted another opinion. I would also be putting a quickshift along the shift rod and was wondering if you thought that it would clear everything?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you checked out this article on yamahar3racing.com? It goes pretty in depth on what's available and does talk about the comparative peg positions of several different rearsets. I thought it was pretty helpful. Lot of other good info on their site too.

http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/03/what-are-the-best-rearsets-for-the-yamaha-r3/

EDIT: Also, just FYI, I do not have these set on the furthest back or highest position the bike at the moment. A bit higher than OEM, but theres still room to move them back and up.
Thx. I've spent many hours catching up on his site haha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Does it "look" like you could put it in GP shift mode?
The rep said yes that I contacted at Hotbodies, but wanted another opinion. I would also be putting a quickshift along the shift rod and was wondering if you thought that it would clear everything?
Yes, I'm confident GP shift will work with these, and yes there should be room for the quick shift sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts