Yamaha R3 Forums banner

MinneSNOWta rider

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  YR3 
#1 ·
Hey hey!
Just following the rules and introducing myself to you. :cool:

Been riding legally on the street since 1981. I've put on nearly 300, 000 miles on bikes.
Have had a long list of bikes including many Yamahas.
1992 V-Max
2002 YZF-R1
2004 YZF-R6
2006 FZ1
Several dirt bikes and 2 Banshees. (Still have my '06 Special Edition)

Been looking to get a small sport bike for some of the small tracks, and commuting on.
Loving the idea of a new R3!

Reactions: oppo and R3-YZF
#2 ·
Hey hey!
Just following the rules and introducing myself to you. :cool:

Been riding legally on the street since 1981. I've put on nearly 300, 000 miles on bikes.
Have had a long list of bikes including many Yamahas.
1992 V-Max
2002 YZF-R1
2004 YZF-R6
2006 FZ1
Several dirt bikes and 2 Banshees. (Still have my '06 Special Edition)

Been looking to get a small sport bike for some of the small tracks, and commuting on.
Loving the idea of a new R3!
Welcome :) .
Like you, I have owned a V-Max in the past too :D .

#4 ·
Sweet. It was a fun bike, and I had it for 15 years, but knowing what I know now about proper suspension and brakes, I doubt I'll have another first gen.

Welcome TorchSport! Awesome collection and you ride a Daytona 675 '12 cool. My cousin who lives in WI rides around WI and MN with his 675 '08. Must be snowing up there by now since it's snowing hard in NY. I used to live in WI and about this time it already been snowing like 6ft lol. More power to you man and be safe.
Thanks. I love the Daytona on the track. On the street it's a bear if the roads are straight...

I had 15" of snow at my house so far. Too early for this junk!
Well...at least I get to go skiing this weekend. :)

#3 ·
Welcome TorchSport! Awesome collection and you ride a Daytona 675 '12 cool. My cousin who lives in WI rides around WI and MN with his 675 '08. Must be snowing up there by now since it's snowing hard in NY. I used to live in WI and about this time it already been snowing like 6ft lol. More power to you man and be safe.

#7 ·
Which of the bikes that you listed do you still own?
The 4 bikes listed in my signature.

RC390 didnt catch?
That bike sounds like it'll be more on the aggressive side, with a stiffer ride.
I've got nothing against KTM, but I've been kind of a diehard Yamaha fan most of my life.
Including street bikes, dirt bikes and atvs I'd say I've owned about 13 or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.